Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Diplomatic relations not switched to new Noble  (Read 532 times)

Relee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Diplomatic relations not switched to new Noble
« on: July 02, 2008, 12:54:22 pm »

I had set up one of my dwarves with diplomacy skills, but he wasn't set as the mission's leader; my hunter was instead. After being Mayor for a while, the dwarf I had originally given diplomacy skills was elected. I gave the diplomat all of the old Mayor's responsibilities on the Nobles screen, and told the old mayor to go back to hunting. He had two hunting dogs and decent hunting skills so I thought he'd be okay.

To my surprise, the human merchant envoy wouldn't talk to my new mayor, and I think he was trying to talk to the old mayor instead, who nolonger has a meeting room. Just now in a surprising coincidence, the dwarven caravan and liason were visiting and to my surprise the meeting was not being conducted by the mayor, but by the hunting dwarf... who was then slain by a wolf! At the moment he was slain, the liason left, 'stymied'.

I'm not sure what will happen now, but it was already obviously buggy so I thought I should report it.
- Relee the Squirrel --

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Diplomatic relations not switched to new Noble
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 09:05:23 pm »

Was the human already there when the elections happened?
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomatic relations not switched to new Noble
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 01:06:58 pm »

I'd like to second this bug. In a fortress hanging around the pop-cap, the human liaison talked to my miner/broker/former mayor rather than my current mayor (in the guard, if that matters) or any of the other nobles.
The election happened ages ago when I'm sure that the human liaison (my last remaining liaison) wasn't on the map.