Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: lizardman  (Read 1085 times)

RandomRandomUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
lizardman
« on: June 14, 2008, 07:26:00 am »

they're not on dwarffortresswiki as far as I can tell but there are some in a subterranean lake I found.. they seem to be represented with a lower case l.. can someone add them to the wiki? I don't have the necessary expertise
You live and learn then you die and forget it all

Metal Chao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: lizardman
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 10:31:00 am »

There are hundreds of creatures ingame.
We haven't got around to adding them all yet.

Dwaref

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 06:43:00 am »

the lizardmen have a similar problem to the flier races.
they realize 'hey i can take a short cut through that lake! i can swim and breathe water, right?'

they get in, and the dwarven pathfinding screams 'aaah im a dwarf im !!dying!!', and promptly drop whatever they're carrying and scurry up again.
long story short, all my haulers and fishermen are spamming red error messages over the entire screen, and getting nothing done.
i've had to ban all lakes for fishing even though i want those turtles, and even still - there are some dropped turtles on the banks after the last hauler went in, that refuse to rot and always present a nice target for a hauler, infinitating the process. so i've had to manually forbid all those items.

i would just pave over all the god damn lakes with floors if i had the materials, but i'm running a primitive culture of lizardmen who started with all 2060 points intact.
they are doing well, getting geared up in leather and bone, shooting and tearing apart gazelles and warthogs(and getting likewise mauled by alligators) in a savanna/marsh with a natural spring to keep them hydrated.
He is somewhat reserved. He prefers to be alone. He doesn't need thrills or risks in life. He is never optimistic or enthusiastic about anything. He has a fertile imagination. He is open-minded to new ideas. He is put off by authority and tradition. He is very straightforward with others. He is very disorganized. He thinks it is incredibly important to strive for excellence. He has very little self-discipline. He takes time when making decisions. He doesn't really care about anything anymore.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 06:59:19 am »

i've had to manually forbid all those items.

I'd just like to point out that you can (d)esignate->(f)orbid
Magma is overrated.