Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Human Seige AI either non-existent or just stupid  (Read 769 times)

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
Human Seige AI either non-existent or just stupid
« on: July 13, 2008, 09:16:27 pm »

I made the humans and elves evil and active in all seasons.

In my first winter, a human seige arrived, with a different siege message than normal!

I was excited.  Then, the humans stood in a corner of the map and destroyed nothing but the grass.  All they do is mill around the same little area.  There is a clear path to my fort.

Is the seige AI just broken for humans?  What's up with this?

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
Re: Human Seige AI either non-existent or just stupid
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 10:18:08 pm »

Are any doors passable and pet passable?  It's possible that they can't get to any of your delicious dwarves...

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 06:08:56 am »

Are any doors passable and pet passable?  It's possible that they can't get to any of your delicious dwarves...

I had a small castle, with two, two-width doors.  They were passable and pet-passable. 

If I ran a dwarf out to meet the humans, they'd chase it down and kill it, then go back to their patch of dirt.

I enventually sallied out there and got slaughtered.  But still it's odd that they just stood there.

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 11:32:49 am »

I've had humans siege my orcs quite a bit... they move pretty slowly but they will eventually stroll over to your fortress.
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law