Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure mod suggestion: Target Cycling hotkey when shooting  (Read 710 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile

Simply a suggestion to have an extra hotkey useable when selecting a target to shoot or throw at. It would cycle between hostiles.
This would save time when firing repeatedly at the same enemy, since it wouldn't have to move the target back every time.

If it remembered the last target and went there first, that would be even better.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mod suggestion: Target Cycling hotkey when shooting
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 06:59:04 am »

Indeed, that would be nice. As long as it is not the default. Many roguelikes have had a system kinda like the k key in fortress mode, except incredibly less useful. Some give out bad information, others are just awkward to use.

So say you press (f)ire or (t)hrow, you would press... say, the / and * keys to cycle between entities on-screen. I would be fine with that, because people who don't know all the keys and don't want to be stuck with such a system can avoid it.

I like this suggestion, I only wish that Toady is careful with how it is added.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO