Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Display Historical Battles During World Generation  (Read 522 times)

polpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Display Historical Battles During World Generation
« on: June 22, 2008, 04:00:48 am »

World gen always seems to go reasonably fast for me, but this would be something majorly cool - maybe only some one-on-one fights or something. It would definitely make world generation more interesting if we were able to witness some of the fights - Maybe these represent the tales we have been told (only we get to actually see whatever it is that generated the story) by our grandparents or somesuch. Plus whatever other goodness we could witness - maybe the leader of some site submitting to his conqueror. This is definitely not necessary and I would much rather have some new features I can actually interact or be affected by myself, but it would still be very cool.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
Re: Display Historical Battles During World Generation
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 10:45:52 pm »

Historical battles aren't until the next release, but i agree that seeing them on the world generation screen would be cool. But i think it would be cooler to traipse around as an adventurer and find out about them from murals and stuff. Plus, the actual world generation is pretty fast compared to the storing part, so you'd still get just as bored to tears.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Zerox

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Rose Gold lover
    • View Profile
Re: Display Historical Battles During World Generation
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 01:37:53 am »

Maybe seeing it in the legends screen would be better., as this may cause more lag for players who don't gen fast.
It's Dwarves not dwarfs.