Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New init option - expanded engraving details  (Read 768 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
New init option - expanded engraving details
« on: June 20, 2008, 04:11:55 pm »

Basically, I'd like an ini option to let me see the details you get from engravings and coins and whatnot in Adventure mode while I'm in Fortress mode. I know for some people part of the fun is going back in as an adventurer and exploring their old fortresses, but I find that more of a pain then anything else.

Hence, the init option. The default can be the way it is, but for those of us who really just want to play Fortress Mode we should be able to enjoy the rich history of our Fortresses without leaving that mode.

[EDIT: Wow, I wonder if this is a record for most viewed but unremarked topic? 50+ views with no replies! I guess I'm the only one who cares?]
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 10:21:52 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New init option - expanded engraving details
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 01:18:14 am »

I'm going to break the streak and reply...

I'd appreciate this. I don't play adventure mode much, and it would be simple enough to implement (I assume).
It would also fit nicely with the history-revealing init option that I hear is going to be added in the next release.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 02:04:17 am »

Me too.  I've barely played as an adventurer at all (most--2 of 3 have died to the first wild animal they've met).

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 09:55:33 am »

I like this idea as well.
But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 12:34:36 pm »

Looking at today's dev notes, looks like we may have gotten this.  It mentions viewing full history in Dwarf Mode.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 03:21:55 pm »

Indeed. Awesome. Thanks, Toady! Don't know if he read this topic and went "Eh, why not?" or if he'd already planned on it. But it makes me happy either way.  ;D
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One