Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Down the well you go... wait WHAT?  (Read 1174 times)

FlamingCow

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Cow!!
    • View Profile
Down the well you go... wait WHAT?
« on: June 19, 2008, 08:42:12 pm »

A third member of the Fortress Guard has tossed himself down the well... apparently, it's a very interesting well. I'm just confused as to why and, while I'm at it, how you can fall down a well... I mean, he wasn't melancholic, 90% of my dwarves are ecstatic, it didn't have holes around it, it's completely floored around. I'm confused. And annoyed at the loss of a 3rd Exceptional Sword.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Down the well you go... wait WHAT?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 08:51:24 pm »

Is the well close to your barracks? Sometimes sparring soldiers and guards will knock each other into holes, pits, and other assorted places involving a lack of flooring.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

FlamingCow

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Cow!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 08:59:16 pm »

Ah. Well, that solves that, the well is right in the middle of the barracks, allows for easier watering of the wounded. Time to wall it off a little methinks.

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 09:11:57 pm »

My well is insanely far away from the main fortress. Then again that's mainly due to the fact that I don't feel like diverting an underground lake closer.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 09:43:58 pm »

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who needs to build a front door into a cistern. It'll do wonders for their swimming though.

FlamingCow

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Cow!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 10:09:21 pm »

Aye, I've built a wall and threw a door between my aquatic brawlers and the well. And as for can't be bothered re-directing the rivers, I find that fun :P Working out the Z levels it has to go up or down, best path, etc. it's awesome.