Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stories in engravings...  (Read 980 times)

Eater of Vermin

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_EATER]
    • View Profile
Stories in engravings...
« on: June 20, 2008, 01:08:34 am »

While idly checking out what graffiti my dwarves have been splashing over the walls, I came across one that rang a bell.  So, I wandered through the halls looking for other works by the same engraver and here's what I found arranged in (I believe) the order they were carved...

"Engraved on the wall is a well-designed designed image of a dwarf and a giant cave swallow by Kobuk Ulolkobuk.  The giant cave swallow is striking down the dwarf."

"Engraved on the wall is a finely-designed image of a dwarf and giant cave swallows by Kobuk Ulolkobuk.  The dwarf is surrounded by the giant cave swallows.  The dwarf looks terrified."

"Engraved on the wall is an exceptionally designed image of a giant cave swallow and a dwarf by Kobuk Ulolkobuk.  The dwarf is striking down the giant cave swallow."

In the early days, I did lose a markswoman to giant cave swallows, leaving behind her baby.  The rest of the squad despatched the GCS's before they made a babe-kebab.  Apparently that kid grew up to become an Engraver and has been working through his childhood traumas...

This game just keeps getting better.   ;D

« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 01:35:11 am by Eater of Vermin »
Dances with Kobolds

(Mamba in the Magma...  one, two, char-char-char!)

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
Re: Stories in engravings...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 01:34:54 am »

You have to love the hidden depth of DF, how individuals do things according to past experience. It's very nice.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!