Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Need some help from a music expert...  (Read 8607 times)

Jusal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Need some help from a music expert...
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2008, 04:20:17 pm »

Actually I really liked Bad Religion at some point, noticed your nod toward Graffin in the earlier post already.

"The New America" was pretty horrible in my opinion. I haven't really been listening to their newer stuff after that album (and my musical tastes have changed quite radically). I should probably keep an eye out for "New Maps of Hell" though, I heard it's very good.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2008, 09:08:54 pm »

And that, Aqizzar, is exactly why I didn't google.

Why go through all the trouble to click on that bar in the corner, and type "Sid Vicious" when if I just sit there like an idiot, someone will type a thesis on the subject?
Shoes...

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2008, 05:52:13 am »

He he he, my first "I'm getting old" experience was when one of my students in Texas said that he had learned some classic rock on his guitar, and when I asked, he said it was Guns N' Roses.  They were on MTV!
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2008, 12:59:10 pm »

Makes me wonder...  What are the Rolling Stones playing nowadays?  They've released a new album, written new songs, and they're performing them live...  Is that still classic rock?

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2008, 07:10:07 pm »

Right.  It's the mellowest board, and yet we can still manage to get worked up about music preferences.  Seems pretty potent to me.

It wouldn't exactly call this "getting worked up." It's a topic that people feel strongly about, but this discussion has thus far remained civil by my count.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2008, 03:23:16 am »

Just figured I'd pop in here and point out something utterly pointless...   It's Lynyrd Skynyrd, not Lynard Skynard.

And I'd just like to state that being able to play the intro to "Sweet Home Alabama" is quite the pat-yourself-on-the-back accomplishment.  Hey, you gotta start somewhere.
Pages: 1 2 [3]