Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elf Forest  (Read 573 times)

N0ught

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Elf Forest
« on: August 04, 2007, 12:24:00 am »

Since using the search here and at the DF wiki brings no results, I was wondering if anyone has seen this:
http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Main_Glade

"Elf Forest"?  :eek:

It's strange - all the links lead to DF wiki pages. Is this a game in development, an april fools joke (one I am sorely late for) or what?

MoonCabbage

• Bay Watcher
  • Robot Rock, Robot
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Forest
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 12:28:00 am »

elf fortress is a craft of the highest quality and is encrusted with spikes of april foolness.

ctrlfrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 01:04:00 am »

From the talk page:

I admit, I fell for it. Possibly because it looked more like vandalism than a prank. Ravana 04:11, 1 April 2007 (EDT)

Some one really should change it back. Ain't gone 12 yet here though. --Markavian

Someone come up with something funnier than posing as ADOM Central? --Chojin

Elf forest is cool. I like that. Do we really have to revert it after midnight? --Schnobs

Ahaha, I knew it was an April Fool's gag when I saw it, but it's so awesome it should be archived on a separate page before we revert it.

Done. Main Glade.--Maximus 23:54, 1 April 2007 (EDT)

Should someone edit Main Glade to reflect the changes to the main page? Or does everyone think it should be left alone so we can bask in the glory of the original? Slartibartfast 13:51, 9 June 2007 (EDT)

Unless someone's actively using it, I don't think it needs to be updated. It's a snapshot of the joke.--Maximus 16:17, 9 June 2007 (EDT)

Zaratustra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://zarat.us/
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 02:32:00 am »

I like the suggestion that elven buildings are planted rather than built. And, of course, that they convince animals to help them a la Flintstones.

Trichordate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 10:07:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by N0ught:
<STRONG>an april fools joke (one I am sorely late for)</STRONG>

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 08:23:00 am »

hehe, I like it although the only bit that actually made me laugh out loud was the eBaum's World link going to the SA thread.. genius...
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd