Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My First Megabeast  (Read 1114 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
My First Megabeast
« on: March 25, 2008, 04:13:00 pm »

Was the most anticlimactic fight ever.

It was a Titan, named Carila Umeena.  She came up a staircase at me, I threw a spear, and hit her in the face, poking out both of her eyes and breaking her neck. She fell over, and I proceeded to flay her alive with my sword.  It was ridiculous, I was half-expecting to die, and at least expected a good fight.

Have any of you ever had a stupidly anticlimactic fight?

Shoes...

Lord_Frodo

• Bay Watcher
  • The crazy in the corner
    • View Profile
Re: My First Megabeast
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 07:56:00 pm »

Yup.
Walking around in the middle of the night trying to find whatever it was that ambushed me and BAM the cougar attacks and I counterstrike severing its head.
Even the cutest things can be endearing when on fire. ~ Cajoes
GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 06:04:00 pm »

My first fortress-mode megabeast got obliterated by a single trap after tearing one of my dogs in half. Granted, the trap did have eight weapons in it, but they were all unexceptional.

I got a titan a bit later; my 27 marksdwarves wasted all of their bolts without dealing any remotely serious injury to him, and then proceeded to blugeon him to death with the crossbows.

Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 09:53:00 pm »

The Colossus in "The Chasm Challenge" killed 17 dwarves and tons of humans, loosing only an eye. Guess what killed it? A single stonefall trap. That was kind of anti-climatic. I was expecting to have to drop the fortress to kill it!
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!