Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Etägbemòng: Omerta In The Deep  (Read 5516 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Etägbemòng: Omerta In The Deep
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2008, 04:19:04 am »

Does either one of you mind the character NOT having a typical role, like the others? I.e., they may have ulterior motives.

I'll go ahead and give it to whoever replies first. The other person will still get an Associate. :)

Alright, forget the too fearful to be disloyal part.  Just acting too fearful to be disloyal.  Then it'll be shiftyness all the way!
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Silu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Perfectionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2008, 04:39:05 am »

I enjoyed the fact that my dwarf hates rats despite his low loyalty.
I'm the lunatic of God's creation.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2008, 02:43:06 pm »

+==\==+
| |  \  |
| |  |  |
| |  |  |
----==============================----
Act II - Growth & Balance
Scene II

3 Timber, 1051
----------------------------------------------
The dwarf named Salvatori had watched the Nazushobok contacts from the mountainhomes arrive and trade, then leave. One of them had stayed behind, an emissary of sorts from the Nazushobok business partners, awaiting an audience from the head of the Nazushobok family.

Salvatori deemed all these events to be convenient. They provided a distraction from the dwarves' normal activities, which meant that has own doings would not be monitored.

He had appeared deliberately unappealing to the Nazushobok caporegime who had interviewed him. The caporegime believed him to be slovenly, tradeless, and dimwitted. This was advantageous.

As the days went by he kept his eye on Nazushobok dwarves. The one named Barrantino interested him. When the time was right, Salvatori approached the soldato.

Winter had come. It did not snow or freeze in this hot region, but the normally humid air had grown cold and clammy. Barrantino, with a sheen of sweat on his brow despite the weather, was busy in the kitchens. He'd shown some considerable skill as a cook, and had been put to use when not busy with more important matters.

"Smells good," Salvatori said by way of greetings. He waited for Barrantino to acknowledge him, which the other dwarf did with a polite nod.

"Hey, I need to talk to you. That okay?" Salvatori grinned, turning on the charm.

The soldato, though, seemed to have an unusually sharp demeanor. He merely shrugged. "Alright, make it quick."

Salvatori paused. This was dangerous ground, and he'd have to be careful. "So, look. I've heard your Boss isn't too wild on the idea, but I know a few people back home who are into the herb business. They have access to some of the stuff that's really hard to get - directly from the elves."

Barrantino considered...

Barrantino has passed a Loyalty roll.

"Nah, not interested," The soldato grumbled. "Too risky."

"I see," Salvatori said. The other dwarf sounded as if he couldn't be convinced. This was unfortunate.. and he'd have to be more careful now lest he arouse further suspicions. "Yeah, you're probably right."

Barrantino picked up a ladle and began to stir the stew he'd been busy cooking. "Best to forget that sort of thing, pal. And don't go talking to people about it. The orders from the Boss expressly forbid it." It was a warning, clear and simple. Salvatori nodded graciously, mumbled a thanks, and walked off. Apparently he'd misread the character of the soldato. But it wouldn't happen again..

=======================

Note: I have no untaken male dorfs left at the moment. Anyar, I've put you on hold until the next migrant wave, unless you'd like a female instead.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 03:39:26 pm by Lord Dullard »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2008, 03:06:42 pm »

Personal notes of Fluffy Wambler, 1th Timber, 1051

What bloody mess did I get myself into this time.
'Go to the Family. They'll help you'

Perhaps I would have been better off if I had turned myself in.
I mean. It was self defence, right?
If that stupid jeweler hadn't spotted me, and hadn't grabbed me by the vest..

And now look at me. Fuck! I'm in way over head. Sure, they fixed the price on my head. And sure, they even gave me a nice dwarven lass, and 'married' us.
But that's just to make sure I 'feel at home'.

I owe them. And they know it. And I should be grateful.
But.
Fuck. How can I get out of this?

OOC: What does 'moxy' mean, exactly? I tried and look it up in an online dictionary, but it offers no translation.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 06:51:34 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

bigmcstrongmuscle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2008, 10:00:36 pm »

Moxie is gangster-movie slang for a vaguely-defined combination of daring, energy, brains, initiative and style, usually in the absence of other qualifications. As in: "I like you, kid. You got moxie. Want a job?"

Usually you talk about moxie as a thing a plucky and capable young character has. Actually, if you look up the noun "pluck". It's pretty much the same thing.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2008, 03:23:36 am »

And I thank you for that clear explanation ;D
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2008, 03:59:35 am »

Male dorf, please.

"Old Earl", no second name.
Crossbowdwarf

Loyalty: Good
Moxy: Exceptional
Guts: Below Average

Tongue cut out in mob war -> Dumb and Lacks guts. Recruited due to Moxiness, and although Old Earl tries to be as loyal as possible, he's too scared to be really trustworthy.
Luckily, though, he's smart enough to handle his way out of trouble, should need arise.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2008, 06:55:39 pm »

+==\==+
| |  \  |
| |  |  |
| |  |  |
Scene III

1 Granite, 1052
A full year had passed since the Nazushobok Family, or what remained of its core anyway, had come to this place. The elves had come and gone, but Ast had not permitted any of their goods to be sold, save for a few bins of simple cloth. He was developing a reputation as being even more straitlaced than his father and brother had been.

They had busied themselves with hollowing out a storage area for all of their various goods; this would keep kobold and goblin thieves from stealing any of them, or at least largely help. Even with the new arrivals, the dwarves rarely if ever had time to relax.

Still, despite the fact that they should have been too busy with work for any other worries, an air of tension had begun to grow in the stronghold. It was puzzling to Ast; there was plenty of food and drink, more than enough to compensate for the inevitable next group of refugees and recruits. He had received word they would be arriving sometime in the near future. Work was progressing smoothly.

But something was wrong. He didn't know what yet, but he would soon find out.

Flar Moonchill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2008, 04:06:55 am »

Bumpity-Bumpity.

How's the mob doing at the moment LD?

- If you know what I mean, and I''m sure that you do.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2008, 11:51:15 am »

Bumpity-Bumpity.

How's the mob doing at the moment LD?

QTF. This thread, it cannot be bumped enough. The community demands that you continue it, otherwise you will wake up one night with an !!elf head!! in your bed.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2008, 12:36:20 am »

+==\==+
| |  \  |
| |  |  |
| |  |  |
Scene IV

26 Granite, 1052
During the first month of the new year, the Nazushoboks busied themselves with putting the finishing touches on their newly made living areas.

At the urging of Likot and Orycteropus, Ast had also set plans in motion to dig out a production area directly beneath the storage warehouses. Although he did not originally intend for the dwarves to directly produce anything, it was becoming increasingly apparent that such a course of action was necessary. The Nazushoboks' business in the mountainholds must indeed have suffered heavily during the war, because the caravans were bringing a selection of goods that any good business-dwarf would have deemed measly at best.

And indeed, the Nazushoboks were going to have to reimagine their plans for expansion.. and sooner than they had thought.

---------------------

More to come soon.. work has been wearing me down lately, but I should have some time off by this weekend.

On that note, I leave you with an unrelated picture. Hopefully it'll keep you amused long enough to distract you until the next update.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2008, 03:18:28 am »

When is the next update?

Flar Moonchill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2008, 10:10:48 am »

Yo-Ho-Ho!

Has this thread died or is it due to rise from the ashes?  :'(

It sounded like it had a nice long future, and with the forum moxie/guts/loyalty stats it was shaping up to be nice and interesting!

Either way bump-bump LD!
- If you know what I mean, and I''m sure that you do.

RandomRandomUK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2008, 10:55:33 am »

Just noticed.. M.C. Hammer organises a party..  :P You can trust him.
You live and learn then you die and forget it all

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2008, 11:19:31 am »

Bump
Pages: 1 2 [3]