Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trading in adventure mode(bug)  (Read 500 times)

Gedsaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trading in adventure mode(bug)
« on: August 10, 2006, 02:52:00 am »

I have started a new guy, and I went to the forest and slept, my allies fought of some guys while i did that and i picked up the equipment left behind. Back in town I tryed to trade for a better sword, eventually he accepted the trade. So I go to use my new weapon and... Its not there! its nowhere, trader doesn't have it i don't have it, it's not on the ground either and he has the stuff i traded him.
So happen to anyone else?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Trading in adventure mode(bug)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 05:04:00 am »

Was it on those tables?  You can pick up the items you want to buy from the tables without fear (look at tables with [l], stand on them and press [g] to get), as long as you don't walk out of the store with them.  It's kinda like real shopping.

It currently drops everything you sold, and teleports money around, but the purchased item remains where it was.  If you don't pick them up in advance, you can still tell which one you bought because the $$ disappear.  It's confusing since sold items/coins move and purchased items don't.  I had originally wanted to have the shopkeeper walk over and move the coins from the chest to the table and so on, but I was rushed.  Since buying and selling aren't so common as they are in other games, I don't think the little 5 turn wait would be so bad, and maybe it would lead to interest shoplifting/con scenarios later, dunno...

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Beowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 05:37:00 am »

Good to know. I experienced the same and was confused (had I marked it, or have I just given it all away for nothing) and wrote it off as a bug.
warf mode exists for giving you a break from and to supply sites and stuff for Adventure mode!

Gedsaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 02:10:00 pm »

Ah thats good to hear, sice it disapeard from the traders list but didn't come to mine I thought it was gone... didn't think to check all the actual for sale items.

[ August 10, 2006: Message edited by: Gedsaro ]