Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: When it's done.  (Read 1134 times)

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When it's done.
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 02:06:00 pm »

Toady will be done when Duke Nukem Forever comes out.
igless

Rictus

• Bay Watcher
  • still hasn't found any adamantine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 02:37:00 pm »

Phew, at no point in the coming millennium then.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 06:20:00 pm »

AT THE END OF TIME.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 09:16:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by umiman:
<STRONG>Here's what's going to happen:

Once he "finishes" the game, or most likely before... someone... somewhere... could be Toady, could be a rabid fanboy, could even be another developer on another game... will bring attention about DF to a publisher of some repute.

Obviously no large studio will touch this, but some smaller studios like... say... Stardock or perhaps... Microsoft? will jump on this and offer Mr. Adams an offer he can't refuse.

But Mr. Adams will accept on the condition that he maintains full control over the entire bloody process and be able to do whatever he wishes and so on and so forth.

And there will be funding, and the game will be publicly released for $90 (inflation), and there will be much happiness, and a Toad will be able to swim in money.</STRONG>

From the author of liberal crime squad I would be surprised and heart broken if Toady sold out, I mean who can say no to large sums of money? Not many people but some....

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Forumsdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 12:11:00 am »

When you can assign Dwarf nobles as bridge officers ...

... in Battlecruiser 3000AD.

"Let them eat XXtroutXX!" -Troas

Katawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 01:21:00 am »

In the yeeeeear 2525! Threetoe keeps hope aliiiive.
A fighting Toad, a brand new day, no block of code is getting in the waaaay!
att has been attacked by a dead and still annoying acquaintance lately.

vallannion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 02:16:00 am »

Dwarf fortress won't be able to handle everything Toady wants to add. I reckon Toady will start in say a decade or two "Slaves to Armok III", and that will be the ultimate game.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 09:21:00 am »

StA III will of course feature multi-core CPU support, neural networks for dwarven AI improvement, a complex world simulator able to run an entire universe of fortresses simultaneously, the ability to build each individual fort across 5 dimensions, a magic system so unbelievable that will spawn quite a few monasteries far-off in the mountains (with short, bearded, booze-drinking, coin-throwing, berzerk monks).

Unfortunately this one won't be finished either as Toady will feel it lack multiplayer and will start StA IV : The Demon Toad's Revenge.

Pages: 1 [2]