Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LIKES_SITE and TOLERATES_SITE  (Read 1071 times)

Lord Licorice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/
LIKES_SITE and TOLERATES_SITE
« on: February 12, 2008, 06:46:00 pm »

I understand what these tokens essentially accomplish, but I don't know exactly what they do or how and why they do it.  DEFAULT_SITE makes them start/build certain living spaces (e.g. dark fortresses, towns, mountain fortresses), and LIKES_SITE appears to cause these civilizations to want to move into them over all other types.  For example, setting goblins' LIKES_SITE and TOLERATES_SITE to CITY makes them move out of their dark fortresses and into human towns, sparking untold bloodletting.

What does TOLERATES_SITE do, specifically, versus LIKES_SITE? Dwarves, for example, have the following:

code:
[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CAVE_DETAILED]
[LIKES_SITE:CAVE_DETAILED]
[TOLERATES_SITE:CITY]
[TOLERATES_SITE:TREE_CITY]
[TOLERATES_SITE:CAVE_DETAILED]

This means they build mountain fortresses to begin with, and the vast majority of them live in these fortresses.  You'll occasionally see humans and dwarves living together, but it's fairly rare, and would likely be a result of TOLERATES_SITE.  What is the % chance they'll try to move into a listed TOLERATES_SITE location?  Does it happen en masse for an entire particular civilization, is it per-city, is it per-dwarf?

Derp.

Fenrir

Re: LIKES_SITE and TOLERATES_SITE
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 06:51:00 pm »

[TOLERATES_SITE] means that they'll send migrants to those types of sites. I don't know the chances of that happening.

Lord Licorice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 06:55:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Fenrir:
<STRONG>[TOLERATES_SITE] means that they'll send migrants to those types of sites. I don't know the chances of that happening.</STRONG>

Ahh, thanks.  And yes, I did check the Wiki before asking, but its use of terms like "or whatever" in the entity tokens section led me to believe the person that added them wasn't sure.   :p

How about LIKES_SITE? The Wiki says it's for "colonizing," but isn't that what a migrant wave does?

Derp.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 07:00:00 pm »

Likes_site is what site they live in. If they start in CAVE_DETAILED and like TREE_CITY, they will all migrate to TREE_CITY. See "WAR!! This is WAR!!".
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 10:48:00 pm »

Oh my god, I have to make goblins want to move into human towns...
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

RedWick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 02:12:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Slappy Moose:
<STRONG>Oh my god, I have to make goblins want to move into human towns...</STRONG>

They have such nice things!