Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creating more sieges  (Read 691 times)

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Creating more sieges
« on: February 10, 2008, 03:19:00 am »

I am looking for a way to create some extremely aggressive creatures (like a velociraptor or something) that will wander on to my map in huge numbers, and attack me.

Or a way to make a LOT of civilizations that will siege and ambush me, so that the frequency of sieges and ambushes are overlapped since there are so many aggressive civs. (I hope that made sense.)

Basically, can someone tell me if this code:
[CREATURE:VELOCI]
   [NAME:veloci:velocii:veloci]
   [TILE:'v'][COLOR:6:0:0]
   [MODVALUE:3]
   [LARGE_ROAMING][FREQUENCY:5]
   [POPULATION_NUMBER:50:100]
   [CLUSTER_NUMBER:5:10]
   [SAVAGE]
   [NO_SPRING][NO_SUMMER]
   [MEANDERER]
   [GENPOWER:2]
   [BUTCHERABLE_NONSTANDARD][EVIL]
   [LIKES_FIGHTING][NOFEAR][RECKLESS][NOEXERT][NONAUSEA][NOEMOTION][NO_THOUGHT]
   [NO_DRINK]
   [NO_EAT]
   [NO_SLEEP]
   [GRASSTRAMPLE:0]
   [PREFSTRING:terrifying features]
   [BODY:HUMANOID:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH]
   [BODYGLOSS:PAW]
   [SIZE:6]
   [MAXAGE:10:20]
   [ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:MOUTH:bite:bites:3:10:GORE][ATTACKFLAG_CANLATCH]
   [ATTACK:SECOND:BYTYPE:GRASP:slash:slashes:1:11:GORE][ATTACKFLAG_WITH]
   [CHILD:1][LITTERSIZE:10:20]
   [FAT:2]
   [ALL_ACTIVE]
   [BIOME:FALL_MAIN]
   [STANDARD_FLESH]
   [HOMEOTHERM:10067]
   [LAYERING:100]
   [SPEED:600]

will make an aggressive creature that will wander onto the map very often, adn attack my people on site?

[ February 10, 2008: Message edited by: Slappy Moose ]

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Creating more sieges
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 03:30:00 am »

1. Get rid of Benign.
2. Unless you've got super dwarves, I wouldn't even attempt a fort in thier biome.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 03:32:00 am »

I edited it a bit.

And yes, I have mega super dwarves (check out my cheat mod).

My mod is meant to all about massive slaughter, so these need to be very aggressive.

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 03:35:00 am »

What's your dwarves entry?
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 03:39:00 am »

[CREATURE  :DWARF]
   [NAME:dwarf:dwarves:dwarven]
   [TILE:1][COLOR:3:0:0]
   [GENPOWER:3]
   [BUTCHERABLE_NONSTANDARD]
   [INTELLIGENT]
   [NO_DRINK]
   [NO_EAT]
   [NO_SLEEP]
   [TRANCES]
   [CANOPENDOORS]
   [PREFSTRING:beards]
   [BODY:HUMANOID:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH]
   [STOUT]
   [MAXAGE:150:170]
   [ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:GRASP  :DEPRESSION:0:4:8]
   [PERSONALITY  :DUTIFULNESS:65:85:100]
   [PERSONALITY:EXCITEMENT_SEEKING:65:75:85]
   [PERSONALITY:FRIENDLINESS:65:75:100]
   [PERSONALITY:IMMODERATION:0:4:8]
   [PERSONALITY:LIBERALISM:25:30:35]
   [PERSONALITY:ORDERLINESS:65:75:85]
   [PERSONALITY:SELF_CONSCIOUSNESS:5:15:35]
   [PERSONALITY:TRUST:60:80:100]
   [PERSONALITY:ACHIEVEMENT_STRIVING:80:90:100]
   [PERSONALITY:SELF_EFFICACY:90:95:100]
   [PERSONALITY:SYMPATHY:0:2:4]
   [PERSONALITY:EMOTIONALITY:0:4:8]
   [PERSONALITY:SELF_DISCIPLINE:80:90:100]
   [PERSONALITY:GREGARIOUSNESS:80:90:100]
   [PERSONALITY:VULNERABILITY:0:2:4]
   [PERSONALITY:STRAIGHTFORWARDNESS:0:55:100]

Basically, they don't need anything to live, they don't have emotions other than anger and happiness, they have no bad traits, and I have smelters that can produce admantine bars, wood, coal, and stone.

[ February 10, 2008: Message edited by: Slappy Moose ]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 03:42:00 am »

You should make swimming innate.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 03:46:00 am »

I made them amphibious, will that work?

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 03:47:00 am »

Im pretty sure amphibious requires them to live in water, or something along those lines.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 04:38:00 am »

It means they'll breathe water as well as air, but they won't know how to swim.  So, instead, they'll walk around for a while until they train up enough swimming skill that they can pull themselves out of whatever pit they're in.

I'd suggest adding the [SWIMS_INNATE] tag.  

Also, if you want a critter that's really ornery, remove their eyes.  Someone found out a while back that if you create a creature without eyes, they'll become utterly unaware of their own mortality and will viciously attack any nearby enemy.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 07:07:00 pm »

IIRC, it's not possible to have more than one enemy Civilization in one area.

So you can have civilizations of both Ninja-Goblins and Flying Dark Elves, but your Fortress will never encounter more than one in a single embark.

The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 07:24:00 pm »

Ah well. In that case, I'll just add lots of wandering aggressive creatures.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008, 10:52:00 pm »

Why do your velociraptors have paws?

Idea! Sentient velociraptors that live in the forest like elves, can talk, but are evil!

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008, 11:16:00 pm »

Actually, the current code is this:

[CREATURE:VELOCI]
   [NAME:veloci:velocii:veloci]
   [TILE:'v'][COLOR:6:0:0]
   [MODVALUE:3]
   [LARGE_ROAMING]
   [POPULATION_NUMBER:50:100]
   [CLUSTER_NUMBER:5:10]
   [NO_SPRING][NO_SUMMER]
   [BUTCHERABLE_NONSTANDARD]
   [GRASSTRAMPLE:0]
   [PREFSTRING:terrifying features]
   [BODY:HUMANOID:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:3FINGERS:4TOES:MOUTH]
   [BODYGLOSS:CLAW_FOOT][BODYGLOSS:CLAW_HAND]
   [SIZE:6]
   [MAXAGE:10:20]
   [ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:MOUTH:bite:bites:2:4:GORE][ATTACKFLAG_CANLATCH]
   [ATTACK:SECOND:BYTYPE:GRASP:slash:slashes:1:4:GORE][ATTACKFLAG_WITH]
   [CHILD:1][LITTERSIZE:40:50][CHILDNAME:veloci child:veloci children]
   [FAT:2]
   [ALL_ACTIVE]
   [BIOME:ALL_MAIN]
   [STANDARD_FLESH]
   [HOMEOTHERM:10067]
   [LAYERING:100]
   [SPEED:600]

So they are almost exactly like velociraptors (the jurassic park kind) in appearance.