Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [ITEMCORPSE]  (Read 1746 times)

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ITEMCORPSE]
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 08:33:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by beorn080:
<STRONG>If you want more dwarves, add the pet and common domestic tags to dwarves and gen a new world.  This makes dwarves a potential pet for any dwarf faction which you can purchase for 1 point each at startup. They will be unskilled peasants and if you leave the pet and common domestic tags they may breed like pets. However unless you use dwarf foreman you can't change their jobs.</STRONG>

Can I recruit them?
Or will the pet token cancel out their dwarfiness and make them like dogs but with the name "dwarf"?
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ITEMCORPSE]
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 08:42:00 pm »

No you just go in and remove the pet and common domestic tags and they become normal dwarves.  About the breeding I'm not sure if that works that way but I use it while waiting for adjust start to work.  An added bonus is that you can tell you liasons to bring dwarves with them when they come next year.  You can also do this for humans and elves but due to some wonkiness with the code they can only fish or hunt. There was some thread about this. Try searching for multi racial fortresses. Also if you add trainable you can make hunting or war dwarves but they don't change back when you remove the other 2 tags. Note that this can cause human and elf places to contain dwarf pets when you visit them.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 [2]