Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: various tag questions  (Read 845 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
various tag questions
« on: December 26, 2007, 10:55:00 pm »

I'm going to continue the Candy Mountain mod since whoever started it seems to have died. If he's just secretly working on it, then... well, competition brings out the best in people. Anyway, my questions:

1. Do the [GOOD] and [EVIL] tags work on stone? And what would the corresponding tag for neutral places be?

2. I know the [SAVAGE] tag, but what are the ones for calm and neutral?

3. In gems, they have a special name tag (presumably to allow large/small varieties) that's [GEM:singular :plural] but some of them have [GEM:singular:STP]. What's STP mean and how is it used?

4. On the end of tags that put minerals in other rocks, the [ENVIRONMENT:whatever:type of deposit:number] tag, does the number on the end do anything in particular?

5. What's up with all the opals? Does Toady love opals as much as he loves gibbons?

6. Who would like gummi carp? With [NOBREATHE] and the like? Or would chocolate carp be better?

7. Does the [HORN] tag work? And if so, what's it do?

8. I'm not sure how the [ITEMCORPSE:jargon] tag works. Someone give me a detailed explanation.

[ December 27, 2007: Message edited by: penguinofhonor ]

Zurai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: various tag questions
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 12:55:00 am »

There are no tags for neutral terrain.

Biome tags (including GOOD, EVIL, etc) cannot be applied to anything except plants and creatures.

BENIGN is the biome tag for calm biomes.

STP is "standard plural" - it just adds an s to the end of the singular.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 01:33:00 am »

good areas should have gummy carp, because gummy creatures are bright and colorful and fun. Evil areas should have chocolate carp, because we all know chocolate is sinfully tasty.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 10:04:00 am »

Hm, now how did the one dude who made the Celestial Mod get evil stone and stuff?

And how does the bodygloss/matgloss tag thing work? I need help there.

[ December 27, 2007: Message edited by: penguinofhonor ]