Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Escape Artists  (Read 967 times)

Fenrir

Escape Artists
« on: February 02, 2008, 06:02:00 pm »

The wiki says that [GNAWER] indicates that this creature can chew on food containers.

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>Gnawer gives small animals a chance to break their way out of captivity in cages of certain materials.</STRONG>

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>It* controls the ability of vermin to find a way into containers when they are eating food from your stockpiles. Wood and cloth objects roll a 0-9 and if it greater than the penetrate power, their contents escape for the time being. Other objects roll a 0-99. </STRONG>

*the [PENETRATEPOWER] tag

Obviously the wiki needs correcting.

Can we give non-vermin creatures the [GNAWER] tag? Dragons ought to be able to escape a wooden cage.

[ February 02, 2008: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Escape Artists
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 07:14:00 pm »

I don't know. Try it out and see.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

gurra_geban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 10:03:00 pm »

coolish, give all creatures this tag ffs. a giant lion is no exception when it comes to wooden cages.. is the gnawer tag just a tag or can you specify value as well? like gnawer:999, gnaws through adamant ^^
een failing lately?

Fenrir

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 10:06:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by gurra_geban:
<STRONG>is the gnawer tag just a tag or can you specify value as well? like gnawer:999, gnaws through adamant ^^</STRONG>

No, the only value you can put into seems to be a word. From the rat definition: [GNAWER:gnawed]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 10:14:00 pm »

Im pretty sure gnawed is just the adjective that it uses for some hidden message which you'll never see.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Nite/m4re

• Bay Watcher
  • Too Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 11:10:00 am »

Probably the cage will turn into a "gnawed cage".