Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cool idea but.....failed mods  (Read 542 times)

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
Cool idea but.....failed mods
« on: January 07, 2008, 01:14:00 pm »

List your failed mods.

My greatest non working idea was to make gabbro and ocean rocks so hot they burned off the oceans...for my hell mod.  Best I could get was liquid rock when i mined it.

Hmmmm what is spec heat? tag?? never tried that 1.

[ January 07, 2008: Message edited by: berent ]

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Cool idea but.....failed mods
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 03:28:00 pm »

Monster that would blow itself up.  Would just die instead. Scrapped it.

Aquatic fortress race. Would not build or mine while underwater and their brains would turn off if they spent too long there.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 03:32:00 pm »

high temperature bolts that, when they stuck in a creature, would cause it to light on fire. It worked, but was scrapped because it kept lighting the dwarves on fire while they carried them around.

I later learned about the BURN damage tag which, while not exactly the same, is close enough.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

The Hidden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 03:40:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by BurnedToast:
<STRONG>high temperature bolts that, when they stuck in a creature, would cause it to light on fire. It worked, but was scrapped because it kept lighting the dwarves on fire while they carried them around.

I later learned about the BURN damage tag which, while not exactly the same, is close enough.</STRONG>

There is HEAT you know...

hat''s it for now.

MyBeardIsOnFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 03:48:00 pm »

Making things explode - 'nuff said.

I tried to make several different civilizations siege your fortress. Failed when I realized only one will get included in the contacts.

I tried to make a "beehive" creature that you would milk for honey and slaughter for wax, but no matter what I did I couldn't make it sit still. Soon after, I learned someone thought of better bees.

iantspider stands before you!
Giantspider...killed Yourlast Adventurer
Giantspider...killed Yo Momma