Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: RELEASE v0.85: Chaos Reigns Mod 38c Compatible  (Read 5903 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: RELEASE v0.85: Chaos Reigns Mod 38c Compatible
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2008, 09:34:00 pm »

"Dark Elf" huh?  Why do Dark Elves & the Kabal sound so familiar?
Oh yeah...
quote:
The newly-formed Kabals escaped to within the Webway itself and founded the city of Commorragh, escaping the predations of Slaanesh through the protection of the Webway and the suffering of their victims. To differentiate these Eldar from their more benign kin, they are called the 'Dark Eldar'.
Hmm?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Deathbane

• Bay Watcher
  • Unus volatilis angelus, aeria gloriis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2008, 12:21:00 pm »

Obvious inspiration is obvious!

Yes, parts of my mod are heavily warhammer inspired, this fact has already been pointed out, but i congratulate you on hunting down just where it is taken from!

Parts of warhammer are just so damn cool they have to be at least contributive to the mod!

As to the few questions as why not call it the warhammer mod, is that i wouldnt want to make it a warhammer mod. Why? this would stifle me taking inspiration elsewhere and crafting it in to chaos reigns.

Anyhows, i may start adding new rock layers to df, like Arkose sedimentary layers and Turbidites etc that i think are cool from my geology college course. There can never be a shortage of interesting rock layers, and i the mod could benefit from a plants/beverages/ etc addition as it stands.

Anyhows, the next small version, with minor additional features and fixes will be released tonight, just got to tes tthe final additions.

Sorry for missing the other deadline, had some RL things to contend with!

Creator of the Chaos Reigns and Age of Heroes modifications.

Developer of the Adventurer Roleplaying game system, assistance required!

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=46859.0

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2008, 04:09:00 pm »

Well as long as you don't include any of the MANY really stupid things in Fantasy Warhammer Ill be alright... Like the Rat powered mutation stone catapult, the Troll Slayers who frankly cant slay trolls if their life depended on it, the fact that you have to be the GREATEST generalist on EARTH to be powerful, or any of the characters in Fantasy Warhammer who are quite litterally unstoppable... Ill be alright.

So far though this game has inflated the number of ranged attackers to INSANE levels.

This MAY not be a glitch... but I noticed that some Dark Elf Guards use absolutely no weapons

Deathbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2008, 04:26:00 pm »

Firstly, NEW version is up and out! Oh yes, even with a typo in the file name. I apologise, it is the right version, but im currently coursework struck and a bit stretched for time! But a promise is a promise, and there it is. Should keep you guys happy until i can coe up with something more substantial! Least you wont get anthracite as your well desrved reward of digging 'too deep'.

Strange, there is no reason why they shouldnt in the raws that i can come across, but ill look into it!

And no, dont expect any of those to be added. If only we could simulate crazy night goblins though... xD

PS: I still havnt managed to test out fanatic and theif creatures very much! I hope they are appearing correctly, as they didnt seem as common as i wanted them to in the few tests i did. Please report back!

Oh, and Giant bats seem to be even more of a bitch now    :)

PPS: I dont think the fanatics and thieves are appearing often enough - there doesnt seem to be a reason why not in the raws. ALso, fixed the typo.

[ May 03, 2008: Message edited by: Deathbane ]

Deathbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2008, 09:27:00 am »

Sorry for the doublepost, but there were some game killing bugs in the last version i put up. Im reuploading this version, so i strongly suggest that anyone who had downloaded the newest version to redownload it.

Sorry about that!

PS: Part of me feels a bit neglectful towards the dwarves. I feel the need to back them even more ungodly awesome than they are now! But dot know where to start. Suggestions?

PPS: Ive uploaded a small patch to the mod. Its optional, but it buffs the creatures i thought were slightly underpowered, not going to re-release until i have a few more things modded in.

[ May 04, 2008: Message edited by: Deathbane ]

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]