Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Metal-specific Weapons  (Read 873 times)

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
Metal-specific Weapons
« on: December 20, 2007, 04:22:00 pm »

I'm trying to make a specific kind of metal that when weapons are made from it, they deal BURN damage. However, I'm not sure if weapons can be given a token to make them specific to that metal and I don't believe that adding the damage token to the metal will overwrite that of the weapon... Any advice?

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metal-specific Weapons
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 04:42:00 pm »

You could make a weapon that deals burn damage, but I don't think you can make a metal alter what kind of damage a weapon does.

[ December 20, 2007: Message edited by: Wiles ]

Deto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 04:45:00 pm »

You could make 'special' weapons, for example "[BASIC METAL] Battle Axe coated with [Name of your special material that adds burn damage]", and material requirements are that one special metal (or integredient) + regular metal and such  :)

Maybe, if possible, even limit it like Adamantium, not visible at start (or something liek that)

Arkan15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 11:25:00 pm »

You'd probably have to make a bunch of seperate items you can make from that metal, name them so they look like normal items of that material ("Magic burning ore axe" "magic burning ore crossbow" etc), and then add them to forges. Then remove the ability to make 'normal' items out of it.

All I can think of.

IP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS!
YOU ARE HUGE! THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS!