Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pants? No thanks.  (Read 566 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pants? No thanks.
« on: November 29, 2007, 10:36:00 pm »

I'm having a bit of a problem. I created a centaur race and didn't specify any pants in the entity file, yet they still wear pants they shouldn't have! I notice my succubus race has the same problem. They're also wearing items of clothing I didn't specify in their entity entry.

Any one else run into this problem? If so, did you find a workaround?

Miminini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pants? No thanks.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 04:49:00 am »

From what I know, the entity only controls what they can or cannot produce, not what they can or cannot wear. I don't think there is a work around without also preventing them from also using weapons and other junk.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 07:47:00 am »

It seems the game would give them clothing to "fill the gap" where I hadn't assigned any. I just added body blankets (like the ones horses wear) and barding so my centaur no longer wear pants.  :)

Hypcso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 11:18:00 am »

Did you simply copypaste from another race and change a few things, or did you actually create it? I would assume using a custom body style would fix the problem, since horses don't wear pants =P

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 11:45:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Hypcso:
<STRONG>Did you simply copypaste from another race and change a few things, or did you actually create it? I would assume using a custom body style would fix the problem, since horses don't wear pants =P</STRONG>

Nope they have a custom body. If you gave horses the [equips] tag and made them an  entity with clothing, they would indeed wear pants  and 4 shoes  :D

[ December 01, 2007: Message edited by: Wiles ]