Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wagons in Adventure Mode  (Read 2498 times)

God of Toast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wagons in Adventure Mode
« on: January 05, 2008, 06:10:00 pm »

I made wagons playable in adventure mode, except everytime I spawn as one, it says...

"You have been scuttled."

Then I drop dead and turn into a couple of logs.

So far i've only spawned in human towns. Is it just impossible to play as a wagon? Or do I need to get lucky and start in a elven town or Dwarven Fortress?

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: Wagons in Adventure Mode
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 06:15:00 pm »

It may be because the wagon dosen't have a driver. It could also be that is cannot find any animals pulling it.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 06:17:00 pm »

I'm sorry, but that's just cool.  "You have been scuttled".

Oh dear, the epic of Onoz Stonewheels has come to a tragic and abrupt end.

Check your legends page.  See if you show up there.

God of Toast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 06:25:00 pm »

I had a wagon start by a dwarf fortress in the middle of nowhere, instantly scuttled.

But yeah, the Legends for this world will be funny.

One of the first wagons I created was "Aleni Masterslapped".

[ January 05, 2008: Message edited by: God of Toast ]

God of Toast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 06:28:00 pm »

Aleni Masterslapped was a wagon born in 818. Although accounts vary, it is universally agreed that Aleni Masterslapped was guided by forces unknown.

In the early spring of 1050, Aleni Masterslapped was scuttled in Crosscrystals.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 07:22:00 pm »

I was under the impression that it scuttles because it can't find a path to a trade depot.  But that's equally likely.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Fenrir

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 08:58:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Greiger:
<STRONG>I was under the impression that it scuttles because it can't find a path to a trade depot.  But that's equally likely.</STRONG>

If that were so, trader's wagons would scuttle every time they came and couldn't reach a trade depot, and I know that's never happened. If it were the lack of driver or animals, the wagon you get after embarking would scuttle. I think it's put in place to prevent people from playing wagons in adventure mode, but I don't know why.

[ January 05, 2008: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 09:02:00 pm »

Probably related to pathfinding, after all, wagons are 3x3 creatures.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 09:05:00 pm »

What's your wagon entry?
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 01:19:00 pm »

Maybe he cant breath? My thoughts.
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 02:00:00 pm »

The wagon you get when you embark is a custom building not a creature.  I think its the [EQUIPMENT_WAGON] tag that causes it to scuttle.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.