Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Problems w/playable humans  (Read 869 times)

JustOnePixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Problems w/playable humans
« on: December 18, 2007, 01:25:00 pm »

Hey everybody,

So I just modded humans to be a playable race with the [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag.  Everything's was great...but then in new worlds, human towns would become mountain halls, even if they were in the middle of the plains (the [PLAINS_SETTLEMENTS] tag is still in the human file).  In addition, the dwarves just disappeared completely; they didn't show up at world-gen, adventure mode, or any stages of dwarf fortress, from start to finish.  A bummer, to be sure.

So I tried removing the [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag on the dwarves, and started anew.  No dice; dwarves are still missing, humans are still hunkered down in holes across the map.  Has anyone had this problem?  For the record, it's been happening in 33e.  Thanks in advance!

Tessie! 'nuf said' McGreevy shouted,
we're not here to mess around!
Boston, you know we love you madly,
hear the crowd roar to your sound!
Don't blame us if we ever doubt ya, you know we couldn't live without ya!
RED SOX!  You are the only, only, only!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Problems w/playable humans
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 01:55:00 pm »

That's a bug since the first New Version. Any races with Civ_Controllable will generate the enormous mountain halls at world gen. Toady must have been too lazy to separate tags into Mountain_settlements and Cave_settlements.  ;)

The only solution now is to generate all new worlds with just the dwarves having the civ_controllable tag, and then adding the tag for all entities you wish to play as. Worked for me. You just have to specify digger instruments and various additional parameters for races that you want to be properly playable.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 12:10:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>...Toady must have been too lazy to separate tags into Mountain_settlements and Cave_settlements.   ;)...
</STRONG>

The Mighty Toad is not Lazy! A Thousand Repentances upon you!

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 08:58:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by PTTG??:
<STRONG>

The Mighty Toad is not Lazy! A Thousand Repentances upon you!</STRONG>

Make that 999999 to the power of 999999999 (sorry if I'm going too far)999999999999999999999999999999999999999999