Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: *Title Edit: Modding in Increased Racial Distinctiveness  (Read 2637 times)

Pathos

Re: *Title Edit: Modding in Increased Racial Distinctiveness
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 01:18:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by M Shadowy:
<STRONG>A quick question if you will everyone:

Is this Dwarfy?  More specifically is the outfit Dwarfy?

P.S.  Jesus ow my hand.</STRONG>

http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/gameInfo/armiesofWAR/

M Shadowy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2007, 06:10:00 pm »

... first off, please actually give a damn reply and not some link in the hope that I'll figure it out.

Secondly, while games workshops imagery of dwarves is good, and while I very well may have to go with the squat celtic/viking look, I don't want to imitate their style.  Seriously.

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2007, 07:40:00 pm »

I don't really know what's going on in the bottom and left portions of the image, but looks alright for a sketch otherwise.
My dwarves are not your dwarves.

Dreamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2007, 12:03:00 am »

I think the dwarf is standing over someone (A goblin; it's wearing a mask) and swinging his axe down at him.

Very nice artwork, though.  I should practice drawing sometime...

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲/
◄Nothing Beats Menacing►
/▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼\

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2007, 08:09:00 am »

That elf have to dress more properly, and that strange thing pointing out from the armor in combination whit the flawed perspective makes the elf look very pregnant half of the time. (How old are you really?, that (lack of) clothing is clearly the sick work of teenage stupidity and bad taste)
And please don't flame me for art defacement.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

M Shadowy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2007, 12:42:00 pm »

Well, that picture was just me being silly, actually.  And 27, thanks.

As for the perspective problems, I'll definitely admit to them.  I try to work digitally wherever possible, but it gives me, oddly, more and less control than paper.  The undo function is a much better option than an eraser, but it's a bit harder to have the same level of precision as paper.

Hmmm... looking at it right now, the drawing does have way too many problems to easily fix.  Maybe I'll just take it down and come up with something better.  And, just for Armok, less tacky.

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2007, 07:55:00 pm »

You know, it bugs the hell out of me that when an artist tries to give some semblance of the female form, you get one of two responses: "Oh, wow, she is hawt!" or "The artist must be a virgin."

The female form is very elegant.  The male form is square and bulky, which is certainly attractive to women who have a healthy sex drive, but not particularly aesthetic to anyone else.  The female form is aesthetic to pretty much anyone (it'd be pretty hard to sell dresses to women otherwise).

While the picture was obviously not practical from a realism standpoint, and the heavy China ink style is sort of off-putting, it was still art.  Gimme a break.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2007, 01:44:00 am »

I'm clearly too late to comment on the elf, but I certainly like your dwarf.  He's stocky enough to pass as a dwarf without earning the nickname "short round."  Also, his outfit's pretty cool.  Not quite sure what's up with the beard though.  The center part doesn't seem to flow nearly so well as those little bound clumps at the sides.

But yeah, very dwarfy.

Pages: 1 [2]