Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Active season and entity queries  (Read 931 times)

Ramirez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Active season and entity queries
« on: June 01, 2008, 06:34:00 am »

Im trying to get more than 2 races to siege my current fortress (one evil and one skulking) in the mod I am working on, but I am aware of how only one evil entity can be interact with you at any one time. Is it possible to use the active seasons to allow more than one skulking race to interact by setting one to work only in winter and the other to work for the other 3 seasons?

If that doesnt work, what about setting one of the civs to live in normal caves? This causes them not to appear as neighbors on the embark screen, but does it still stop other, visible races from being neighbors?

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile
Re: Active season and entity queries
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 09:40:00 am »

Hmm, not sure. I do know that you will only have one skulking civ and one sieging civ. No more, no less. I may be wrong, but I don't think skulking civs pay attention to active_season. May be worth fiddling with.
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 11:22:00 am »

Replacing itemsnatcher with SIEGER for the kobolds makes them "siege". You get the siege warning screen, but ambushes show up rather than classic goblin-esque sieges.

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 11:40:00 pm »

Is it possible to have more than one evil aligned entity that will siege you?
t''s so sad.  It''s as if De Beers as invaded Dwarf Fortress.  I nearly cried when I saw how valued and rare diamonds were in Dwarf Fortress.