Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tiny tilesets  (Read 1246 times)

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tiny tilesets
« on: May 11, 2008, 01:16:00 pm »

Why are tilesets so darn small?  It's a real pain to see anything on the 1280x400 ones, and some of the lower res aren't much better...

Can someone point me in the direction of a nontiny tileset?  I'm honestly gettin a migraine from eyestrain, had to go back to basic ASCII

Demon of Darkness

C0nscript

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tiny tilesets
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 01:36:00 pm »

On another note, I installed DQ and Sphr's dwarves and everything is a lot smaller than it is in Sphr's screenshots.

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 02:57:00 pm »

It's just a bloody shame that they put the work into making what look like nice tilesets... only to find they're too small for someone without superior vision or a 25" monitor.  And before someone tells me to make one myself, my idea of artistic is a crowbar to the head...  I don't have the gift  ;)
Demon of Darkness

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 07:46:00 pm »

You can't make the things to look bigger than your computer allows. They are just the symbols/letters.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 09:25:00 pm »

I know, I've been thinking about the issue involved since my last post.  the game is looking for a specific size icon, and that's the size it's going to use, so trying to use something larger would just result in gibberish.  I'm not upset about it, just disappointed.  some of those tilesets really DO look nice, just wish I could use em.
Demon of Darkness

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 09:47:00 pm »

This problem will be around until you can alter the size of the viewport to something that actually isn't widescreen or whatever it is now.
My dwarves are not your dwarves.

Normandy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 09:54:00 pm »

Just access your monitor settings and set the screen larger. It should be either a bunch of buttons on your monitor or a wheely-turny-thingy.

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 05:25:00 pm »

Ummm, not sure I understand just what you mean...  the Resolution or the actual monitor settings?  and if you mean the monitor settings I'm not sure what kinda help that'd be.
Demon of Darkness