Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: COLOR and FRIENDLY_COLOR  (Read 1204 times)

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
COLOR and FRIENDLY_COLOR
« on: May 26, 2008, 12:50:00 am »

What is the difference between the COLOR tab and the FRIENDLY_COLOR tab?
t''s so sad.  It''s as if De Beers as invaded Dwarf Fortress.  I nearly cried when I saw how valued and rare diamonds were in Dwarf Fortress.

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COLOR and FRIENDLY_COLOR
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 01:46:00 pm »

Noone has any idea huh?
t''s so sad.  It''s as if De Beers as invaded Dwarf Fortress.  I nearly cried when I saw how valued and rare diamonds were in Dwarf Fortress.

Morlark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Morlark's Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 03:27:00 pm »

I believe FRIENDLY_COLOR defines what colours are preferred by a race, or at least that's what the wiki suggests. I have no idea what actual effect this has. COLOR is used to set the colour of an object or creature.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 03:38:00 pm »

"COLOR" is the color you see a creature in when it's out in the wild. For example, a fox would be red. FRIENDLY_COLOR is the peasant color of the race in question, for sites. For example, my kentaur peasants are brown.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 04:05:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>"COLOR" is the color you see a creature in when it's out in the wild. For example, a fox would be red. FRIENDLY_COLOR is the peasant color of the race in question, for sites. For example, my kentaur peasants are brown.</STRONG>

Interesting. So FRIENDLY_COLOR only affects the color of the peasants of that creature?  So it only really affects civ_controllable races then?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 04:12:00 pm »

Not civ_controllable only, all civ-forming races. I am unsure whether "friendly" actually means there's a difference when you are that civ's enemy, and I lean toward "no difference".
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India