Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A wonderfull idea;  (Read 784 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
A wonderfull idea;
« on: June 06, 2008, 05:12:00 pm »

Would it be possible to give creatures an on-death item spawn for something that would immediately explode into a cloud of boiling something? I think this would work perfectly for fire creatures, but slipping it onto the Cat raws might have some fun surprises for the next person in your succession game...

Would this work?

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: A wonderfull idea;
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 05:24:00 pm »

I tried making something similar before, but I had no luck at all in getting a creature to drop booze on death, let alone set the booze explosion point higher.  I also tried making a stonetype that would ignite on contact with air, but that just caused a big burning boulder to appear and burn for a few centuries.

However, I only found out afterwards that exploding booze is in fact boiling booze.  I have not tried to make a material with an unusually high boiling point, but I suspect you could get at the very least some scalded skin.

As for converting it ingame, that would be a bit different.  You can't add in new materials without creating a new world first, however, you could modify the cat profile inside of the creature file so that the cats themselves boil when exposed to that temperature.

Please note, however, that you can't sneakily pass this on to someone else in a succession game.  You would have to include the tweaked raws along with the save, which might look a bit suspicious.

It's still perfectly viable for your own entertainment, though.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 08:39:00 pm »

Actually, this makes me wonder why no ones tried a modded succession game before.  It sounds like fun.  Or, even better idea, a succession game where each player is expected to modify the raws during their turn.  That would be made of win.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 08:41:00 pm »

I've got a zombie epidemic modded community/succession game planned for sometime after the next release (namely, when I finish the mod).