Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Increasing weight  (Read 762 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Increasing weight
« on: April 01, 2008, 10:19:00 pm »

Yeah, the post is in the questions forum, but I thought it would be better to place another thread about weight here in case someone else wanted to know.

Basically, it's this: I built adamantine stuff. Adamantine stuff is too light. Adamantine stuff flies all over the map when you abandon, making it nigh impossible to find if you wanted to.

So, how do you increase weight for a specific metal and the items? I looked in the wiki and it only mentions how to increase weight for items but how does that work? All armour have different weights, so it must be based on the material. But the material has no weight tags. Or do they and I'm blind?

Also, is it possible to change the weight of an item without needing to create a new world?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Increasing weight
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 11:47:00 pm »

You need to increase the density of the metal. Just take the value from Iron if you want a basic heavy weight. Or halve it, if you want some weight but less then normal metal items.

Just keep in mind the lightness of Adamantium is one of the nice things about it, since it doesn't weight the dwarves down as much and htey can move faster.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One