Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unwanted Races  (Read 823 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Unwanted Races
« on: May 16, 2008, 08:48:00 pm »

Ok. I have recently gone out and downloaded 7 different mods and then taken all of the creature and plants that I like and implemented them into my game. The only problem is that now whenever I start a new fortress instead of having dwarves I have had everything from humans to olms to purring maggots (still able to walk and act just like a normal dwarf) show up. I have not edited these creatures in any way except I added the new items to the human's usable list. I have also not edited the entity.txt file in any way. Does anyone know a way to stop this so I can go back to just getting dwarves?
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unwanted Races
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 09:23:00 pm »

This is an awesome bug caused by a double creature in the raws. A creature has been added twice, it causes some really weird things. Scan through all the creature files, or just start clean again if you don't want to spend time on it.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Unwanted Races
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 09:37:00 pm »

O.k. Thanks. I will probably just look through because from the error logs I only have one creature duplicated and now I know its name I can just use the find tool on each text to find it. I already knew about the duplicate, but I was putting it off because I wanted to fix this problem. So, Thanks.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.