Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making rare ore not so  (Read 1055 times)

[NO_THOUGHT]

• Bay Watcher
  • *cricket*
    • View Profile
Making rare ore not so
« on: March 05, 2008, 07:20:00 pm »

Just as the topic says, i'm having trouble figuring out how to make ores more common (such as adamantine). I tried making it not [DEEP] and have an enviroment in IGNEOUS_ALL, SEDMENTARY, and METAMORPHIC, as well as changed each type to CLUSTER and the number after to 1000, not 100. But all I get is one large grouping near the bottom and thats it. I was expecting it to be everywhere.  :confused:

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Making rare ore not so
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 11:42:00 pm »

Change the environment tags to one that says ALL_STONE, and change the number to 100, as that's as high as it can go.  You can't have a 1000% chance of finding it.

[NO_THOUGHT]

• Bay Watcher
  • *cricket*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 08:26:00 pm »

ALL_STONE.............and here I was thinking there was no way to do that, thank you!

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 02:51:00 pm »

Well, you could take something common like granite and copy over the line that allows you to extract adamantine threads from it, from the entry on raw adamantine.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.