Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Multiple butcher's shops: how to prevent autobutcher on selected workshops?  (Read 334 times)

amade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • amade's illustrations

Seeing how it takes forever to drag heavy corpses from the caverns to the surface to be butchered, I just build a butcher's shop down in the caverns to save some hauling time. But I never managed to figure out how to prevent certain shops from taking slaughter jobs whenever I mark a whole lotta livestock for culling. Dragging turkeys all the way from the surface to the caverns is just as inefficient. Is there a method to this that I'm not realizing?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple butcher's shops: how to prevent autobutcher on selected workshops?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2024, 01:53:06 pm »

I handled it by keeping the butcher shops up top, then created two Refuse stockpiles up top, one with 3+ wheelbarrows that only accepts Refuse/Corpse (the wheelbarrows will allow fast hauling of heavy corpses), and one stockpile without wheelbarrows for Refuse/BodyParts.The risk with wheelbarrows is that they will be dropped if the hauler is threatened and then another dwarf tries to get the wheelbarrow and is attacked, etc. But that happens with many dropped items.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

amade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • amade's illustrations
Re: Multiple butcher's shops: how to prevent autobutcher on selected workshops?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2024, 06:50:29 pm »

Huh, never occured to me to use wheelbarrows with refuse piles. Thanks!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯