Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I change the default zoom level? (v50)  (Read 591 times)

DPh Kraken

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN:she:her:herself][PRONOUN:it:its:itself]
    • View Profile
How do I change the default zoom level? (v50)
« on: August 24, 2024, 08:55:59 pm »

Whenever I first load the game, the game is at an intermediate zoom level, which results in imperfect tile scaling. I can scroll with the mouse wheel, but it makes embarking awkward as I need to do that every time. I would like to change my default zoom level to be 1x, is there any way I can set that up?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2024, 04:48:11 pm by DPh Kraken »
[CHEESE_PLANT] and [CHEESE_GRAPHICS] biggest fan
My mods:
Language & symbolsMiscellanyGraphics resourcesPseudo-ASCII

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I change the default zoom level?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2024, 11:09:28 am »

Whenever I first load the game, the game is at an intermediate zoom level, which results in imperfect tile scaling. I can scroll with the mouse wheel, but it makes embarking awkward as I need to do that every time. I would like to change my default zoom level to be 1x, is there any way I can set that up?

In older versions (0.47.05 and earlier), you used to be able to reset the zoom by pressing F10.  I’m not sure if this works in 50.x (I don’t have a properly working system right now, so I can’t check).  I would suggest looking through all of the key bindings in the settings.

As for setting a default zoom level to be used on startup, I don’t believe that’s ever been a thing.  Your best bet there is the suggestions forum.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I change the default zoom level? (v50)
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2024, 09:29:57 pm »

I don't think so in current premium.

I rebound zoom to keys '1' and '3' for this exact reason