Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Larger Sprites for Larger Creatures?  (Read 269 times)

Haiphong

• Bay Watcher
  • I... Wot?
    • View Profile
Larger Sprites for Larger Creatures?
« on: September 03, 2024, 06:59:17 pm »

In particular, something I would really love to see is if Humanoid Necromancer Experiments that enter the "Large" category actually had some bigger sprites. Right now their standard ones make them look Dwarf sized or maybe even smaller.

I also feel like an Ettin's sprite does not adequately convey it's size. Going by their sprites, I would never guess it is more than 30x as big as a Troll. To say nothing of a Giant which is even bigger.
I understand it can't be TOTALLY accurate because that would be insane in the scope of this game's graphics, but I really feel more can be done to convey some of these larger creatures sizes.

ryno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Larger Sprites for Larger Creatures?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2024, 06:29:52 am »

i agree

giant animals were recently redrawn, they look much better now and in many cases have larger sprites, their size of which exceeds that of megabeasts

so for example your average giant bird is currently rendered much larger than say the Roc megabeast. i believe that is incorrect and the Roc should be redrawn to match, as well as the Giant / Ettin etc who do not utilize their full texture space yet.