Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

6 ÷ 2 × (1 + 2) = ?

2/3
Math is meaningless beneath the light of the Emperor.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]

Author Topic: Risky Space Lords III: Turn twelve! New Houses welcome!  (Read 14072 times)

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Turn ten! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #600 on: June 20, 2024, 02:04:24 pm »

Move 1 pop to Dune, grow Dune and Everra, terraform Dune, send 20 food to House Sinister.

Spoiler: House Harrak (click to show/hide)

ACTACTACT
I bid 2 armies and 20 alloys on the planet.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Turn three! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #601 on: June 21, 2024, 11:30:01 am »

Terraform Farm 1, Refinery 1, and MachineHome. Then produce.
Spoiler: House Durin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pacts (click to show/hide)

Defending: House Nagant, House Harrak
Defended by: House Nagant, House Harrak
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Turn twelve! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #602 on: June 25, 2024, 09:58:11 am »

Turn 12: No MY Planet Is Better
I am the Emperor.  My word is law.
TURNTURNTURN

The Emperor's Mood: Pleased

The Emperor Insanus Cancer stuck out his tongue, vainly trying to find the straw without looking away from the spectacle before him.  The straw to his drink drifted away, and it took a few more awkward swipes before he caught it and sucked another mouthful of his Ranchcolada.  Delicious.

"So, the equipment they're loading is..."

"Ceramic plates, my Emperor.  Thermally resistant, able to be used as construction material on the new planet we're colonizing."

"The one that's all magma?"

"Yes, my Emperor."

"Amazing.  To think, there's scarcely anywhere in the galaxy humanity can't colonize...but why a magma world?"

"It's a great place to grow popped corn, my Emperor."

"Ah, yes.  Yes.  That's right, the Farmworld, yes."

New Event! Write a short description of one of your worlds and the unique way in which it has been colonized.  The most unusual and interesting description wins 1 Favour.  Try to keep it under 200 words or so.

House Harrak wins the bid for the 8[0]R Refineryworld!  The 2 Armies are stationed on Pluto and the 20 Alloys make a lovely addition to his statue.

New Planet Available!
8[0]R: Size 8 Refineryworld
Available for auction. Starting bid is 10^.
Though the surface of this planet is quite cold and dim, the high volcanism on this world results in heavy minerals constantly being pushed to the surface.  Additionally, the high temperature differential between sub and supersurface means geothermal energy is quite easy to harvest, making it an ideal place for refineries.  Frequent earthquakes and eruptions make habitation difficult, unfortunately.

Spoiler: The Emperor (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 04:38:42 pm by evictedSaint »

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 25, 2024, 04:06:37 pm »

The new planet is named Tropicon.

Grow and terraform Dune, send 20 food to House Sinister.

Spoiler: House Harrak (click to show/hide)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 28, 2024, 01:26:40 pm »

Turn tonight

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 28, 2024, 01:37:02 pm »

ACTACTACT: Bid the Planet Ettin and [^10 if size 3, ^60 if size 8] on the Planet.

Would Nirur be willing to trade ^25 and 28 Food for 50 Alloys?

Spoiler: House Sinister (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fealty Contract (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 02:19:10 pm by Kashyyk »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 28, 2024, 02:09:20 pm »

Yes.

Quote from: Trade Contract
The House of Sands shall send House Sinister 50 alloys.
House Sinister shall send the House of Sands 25^ and 28 food.
Nirur of the House of Sands

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 28, 2024, 02:18:38 pm »

ActActAct: Submit the below for the Favour

Quote from: Trade Contract
The House of Sands shall send House Sinister 50 alloys.
House Sinister shall send the House of Sands 25^ and 28 food.
Nirur of the House of Sands
Lord Tyrannous, of House Sinister

Spoiler: House Sinister (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fealty Contract (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 04:34:31 pm by Kashyyk »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 28, 2024, 02:33:57 pm »

Production happens. Terraform Thpenos. Grow population of Thpenos.

Long Live United Forenia!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 28, 2024, 02:53:12 pm »

ACTACTACT: Oasis, despite the name, was once an inhospitable ball of frozen sand in the outer system. Nirur's father strapped some giant engines to it when he took reign, pushing it into the goldilocks zone. It still lacked water, and there was very little in the way of local ice asteroids or comets. A search led him to finding an ice planet in a not-quite-nearby system, owned by pirates. He cleared them out and named the planet Flood. The ice needs special processing to avoid contaminating Oasis with hardy, sand eating micro-organisms. Combined with interstellar transport fees, Oasis is surprisingly expensive to hydrate.

Today, Oasis remains half desert, and has concentric circles of green farmland and blue water.

Spoiler: House of Sands (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 08:23:20 pm by Nirur Torir »

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Turn three! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #610 on: June 28, 2024, 02:58:52 pm »

Just producing and terraforming Farm 1.
Spoiler: House Durin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pacts (click to show/hide)

Defending: House Nagant, House Harrak
Defended by: House Nagant, House Harrak
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 28, 2024, 03:03:24 pm »

ACTACTACT:
Quote from: 199 words
New Pluto is not an icy dwarf planet. It is a fairly lush, temperate planet, pulling ~0.9g. Despite this, it was passed over for colonisation by early human explorers, for the simple reason that any cursory scan of the planet reveals it is uniformly, absurdly, lethally radioactive. Only desperate refugees brave explorers used to the intolerable working conditions groundbreaking approach to workplace safety of Pluto's shipyards actually gave it a shot.
Of the initial colonists, 90% died of radiation sickness within a decade. Yet the planet teemed with life, so the survivors did not give up. They adapted. Which is to say, they enacted a program of insane revolutionary gene therapy, infusing themselves with DNA from local wildlife. This allowed them to not only mitigate the effects of elevated background radiation, but indeed to thrive off of it.
Thus, perhaps we should not refer to New Pluto as a terraformed planet, but to New Plutonians (and their crops, pets, and livestock*) as bioformed beings. Ones who can literally no longer survive without exposure to high levels of ionising radiation (on the plus side, they are virtually immune to sunburn).

*Except for their goats. Goats are immune to radiation sickness. 
Long Live United Forenia!

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 28, 2024, 06:36:54 pm »

ACTACTACT
Quote from: Submission
In the years following humankind’s ascent to space and the tumultuous consolidation of power that resulted in our current Empire, dozens of houses spread out from the solar system and colonized any remotely habitable planet. Everra was one of the early planets, a massive and Earth-like planet that was perfect to test new terraforming techniques on. Five massive frigates were sent to Everra and constructed five dome-cities on key coastal locations. The cities began dumping massive quantities of “life-seeds” - capsules containing photosynthetic organisms and simple zooplankton - into the primordial oceans. Thus the atmosphere was filled with oxygen, and the climate slowly stabilized to a habitable state. Earth organisms, modified in the cities’ many genetic manipulation facilities, were released onto the surface. Mostly the plants were grasses, and modified cows and goats grazed on the grass and were kept in check by hunters. Once the plants had turned much of the face of the planet green, people were shipped out of the five great cities and settled in small farming communities. From here, the population rapidly grew and the planet turned its focus towards maximizing food output to be shipped off to other planets, becoming increasingly in need of foreign metals.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]