Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure log idea, plus a question  (Read 538 times)

digitCruncher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure log idea, plus a question
« on: December 05, 2009, 10:00:21 pm »

I plan to make a nice adventure log out of a game of Adventure Mode DF. I haven't played much... in fact I have yet to kill a megabeast in the quests, as I always get absolutely smashed (I think the one where I cut a giant in half with my axe on the first swing doesn't count). Again, that could be because of my reluctance to hire people to help me...

To make a quick summary, it will involve a rather good human axemen, with a Skilled Shield User, Talented Axeman, Competent Swimmer and Novice Wrestler. But what makes this unique, will be the complete and utter lack of all Fast-travel capabilities.

Thats right... I have to manage food and water supplies, be careful about what battles I get involved with (A significant leg injury will mean that my 2-day trip to home base could take a week, and another week of sleeping to rest and recuperate), and still become a legend!

But I also am only a dabbling DF player. As a result, I need *your* forts. I am happy with any small or medium map (or large, with LOTS of abandoned fortresses)

I am currently playing out a version on a barren map, but I would love to walk up to an abandoned fort full with trinkets and goodies, and explore it. But since this is a non-fast travel map, there needs to be lots of them.

In summary, if you have a map with more than 2 developed forts on it, then upload it, or tell me how to get it, and include the following information:

* Number of forts
* Approximate maximum number of dwarves in each fort

And let me find the forts myself :D Although you can give the names of the forts if you want.

I expect to suppliment my income by raiding elves, and selling thier gear... But I think it will be quite fun :D

One question I couldn't find by searching: Does licking a non-rotten corpse give you ANY nutrition? I haven't been able to check myself, so I will probably find out for myself after a while...

*Hunts elves*

[Edit]Nope! Licking the elf head does not make me any less hungry :(

*Eats worms*[/Edit]
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 10:11:33 pm by digitCruncher »

Lord Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure log idea, plus a question
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 02:35:32 pm »

There was a thread on creating fortresses for adventurers, here it is:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=25429.0
I think the best definitive list anybody's got of the various fortresses yet is here (second post):
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=25429.585

Try playing them. Also, all that walking will get very boring very quickly.