Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: Mafia: Net Police Triumph, Town\Mafia Loss  (Read 6106 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia: Net Police - No Imps in this System, Day 3 (5/8)
« Reply #270 on: July 23, 2024, 03:54:30 pm »

Technically, we can lock down both CM and AP if you insist on doing the wrong thing here, too, but it's more fragile. I hope you will follow the plan I just outlined, but in case you don't, let me explain the other plan: YOU will continue to jailkeep CM, I will redirect AP to CM.
I am going to be completely honest here; I'm a little worried that juice might have been a serial killer, which would make either a CM+AP or a you+NJW mafia team possible.  Whilst the latter is super improbable, since you've provided a way to ensure town wins no matter which of the above scenarios we're in, I'd rather vote for NJW.
The reason I said that was the wrong thing is because, if CM+AP WERE the team, there are two of them and it's important to get them down to 1 because then you know which universe you're in.

ETA: I thought you'd come in after deadline but I guess your vote did get counted after all?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 04:51:55 pm by Maximum Spin »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia: Net Police Triumph, Town\Mafia Loss
« Reply #271 on: July 23, 2024, 04:16:34 pm »

If I'd lived to D3, I would have opened with a vote on AP and been open to discussion/pressure of AP/CM.  I had targeted AP to follow N2.  Confusing game, as bastards can and maybe should be.  But I had fun and enjoyed the challenge.

NJW, did you kill me because I didn't seem controllable, because you thought you needed me dead for your wincon, or for some other reason?

I was worried about you, but you were roughly 4th in importance/concern to me.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 23, 2024, 04:51:55 pm »

Well, gg

The claim space for mafia was a little tight maybe. I had no action other than the kill and no fake claim… also mafia lost if I died before Juicebox.

I guess that probably didn’t feel great for town as they lost from one town elim.

@Imp: I needed to keep Max alive to be suspicious, and thought it would be easier to swing sofa onto them than you. I didn’t know how the masons thing would play out, but the claim gambit was so unforced I thought it might actually be true.
One wheel short of a wagon

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 23, 2024, 05:03:10 pm »

Well, gg

The claim space for mafia was a little tight maybe. I had no action other than the kill and no fake claim… also mafia lost if I died before Juicebox.

I guess that probably didn’t feel great for town as they lost from one town elim.

@Imp: I needed to keep Max alive to be suspicious, and thought it would be easier to swing sofa onto them than you. I didn’t know how the masons thing would play out, but the claim gambit was so unforced I thought it might actually be true.

Apparently town lost if you died too.

You actually might have done well to rather openly discuss, you and juicebox both from D1.  Maybe not tell us you're maf.  Not sure if you guys knew that town lost if you died.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 23, 2024, 05:04:49 pm »

Honestly, NJW2000, you should have just been open about it. d1 I thought you were a good guy, and I understood the mafia being town flavor, I'm guessing at least Imp did too. We could have formed a voting bloc.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 23, 2024, 05:21:54 pm »

Pretty sure what happened was beacause of me and AP's wincon was to kill NJW. Our wincon aparently took priority over town's even though we're told that we'd still win if we're dead.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 23, 2024, 05:24:24 pm »

Honestly, NJW2000, you should have just been open about it. d1 I thought you were a good guy, and I understood the mafia being town flavor, I'm guessing at least Imp did too. We could have formed a voting bloc.

I didn't catch that maf and town were one, but I get 'bastard game' and 'you have no idea'.  I caught that I didn't see a wincon for me; heck I was open to being green and not town.

I could have been convinced to try stuff.

Egan and Juice were so cagy it confused/scared me.  AP and CM also super concerned me.  Max, Sofa, and barely NJW looked fine in comparison; I was more worried about NJW than Max or Sofa for sure.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 24, 2024, 01:39:57 am »

Yeah, I didn’t clock that my death meant the end of town as well.Was pretty convinced that I was just standard mafia.

Interesting twist, looking at the game. Very weird…
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]