Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Collapsible folders and informational notes for work orders  (Read 288 times)

TheBeardyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Collapsible folders and informational notes for work orders
« on: January 14, 2024, 03:17:41 pm »

There are some situations where you need several work orders to produce the same thing. For example, to manage charcoal production before you've breached magma, you want to make at least one charcoal, and make more only if you have neither bituminous coal nor lignite. That's four work orders:
  • Make 1 charcoal if (refined coal < 50) && (logs > 0) && (bituminous coal == 0) && (lignite == 0)
  • Make 1 charcoal if (refined coal == 0) && (logs > 0) && (bituminous coal > 0) && (lignite == 0)
  • Make 1 charcoal if (refined coal == 0) && (logs > 0) && (bituminous coal == 0) && (lignite > 0)
  • Make 1 charcoal if (refined coal == 0) && (logs > 0) && (bituminous coal > 0) && (lignite > 0)
If you've done something like this for many items, the work orders list can get very long. It would be nice if we could organize work orders into collapsible folders to make scrolling through them easier. It would also be nice to have informational notes for work orders - that interface is already quite wide and full of controls, so displaying the notes permanently might not be an option, but they could be displayed as tooltips when you hover over an order.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Collapsible folders and informational notes for work orders
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2024, 12:08:05 pm »

I was thinking that a Search filter button would do the job, where you'd type in "coal" and you'd only see those jobs.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.