Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Modular Units: a Mercenary tale of Mechs, Missions, and Money  (Read 2820 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Modular Units: a Mercenary tale of Mechs, Missions, and Money
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2024, 10:10:54 pm »

She laughs. "Well, that seems brave. I'm sure that the Star Order will send a capable team to wipe them out. It'll be a battle for the ages, I'm sure. Very romantic."

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2024, 10:35:47 pm »

Acknowledged. Is there any one notable amongst their numbers I should keep an eye out for. I would like to avoid having to find some 'debris' if the Corporations are keeping a nearby watch, but will do what I have to. 'Debris', a popular code amongst independent mining and salvaging operations to refer to murdering a corporate rat and lackey somewhere remote or out of the way. After all, if all the surveillance on the nearby machines wasn't functioning, then who's to contradict that they simply got got hit or ran into an unfortunate patch of debris and rock in space.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2024, 05:16:56 am »

Acknowledged. Is there any one notable amongst their numbers I should keep an eye out for. I would like to avoid having to find some 'debris' if the Corporations are keeping a nearby watch, but will do what I have to. 'Debris', a popular code amongst independent mining and salvaging operations to refer to murdering a corporate rat and lackey somewhere remote or out of the way. After all, if all the surveillance on the nearby machines wasn't functioning, then who's to contradict that they simply got got hit or ran into an unfortunate patch of debris and rock in space.

Grimy Scavenger Pilot: "Most of them are now corporate dogs, so whatever you have in mind, I have nothing to do with it. The others? Either dead or too smart to get found out. Still, take this."

The Pilot transfers to Drifter a list of call signs from independent scavengers turned corporate scavengers.

Scavenger Pilot with a breathing mask: "*shhhh* Callsign Bad Wrench. Got a vendetta against the piece of work. She is the reason behind my mask. *shhhh* My callsign is Sandpaper. *shhhh* Sorry though, there is no bounty on her name. I can't pay you, but I will owe you one if you make debris out of her *shhhh*"

“Thanks”  Charles discreetly leaves, attempting to rustle up some info on a new contract.

Rumors
Iron Wrath manages to hear some tidbits of information about a few exclusive contracts some mercenaries have, but all of them are secretive enough not to spill too many beans. And even in the rare case a wasted mercenary would tell him the entire details of the contract, it wouldn't help him much as these exclusive contracts are exclusive for a reason. Pilots who weren't contacted cannot hope to undertake these contract.

Iron Wrath does understand that to obtain exclusive contracts, he will need contacts with the corporations. The faction liaisons he knows about could be a good start, or he could also try to attract attention by raising his reputation or attracting the good graces of a corporation by fulfilling their open contracts.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 05:30:46 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2024, 05:48:11 am »

TURN 2 - PREPARATIONS

FREE EXPEDITION

Although you are mercenaries, you are not required to undertake missions. Instead you might decide to go explore on your own, either at random or somewhere precise following information known only to you.
An expedition starts with an exploration phase, and may involve phases outside of your MU.

Great Rust Field
A vast continental sized desert of metallic sand and rusty ruins.
-> Drifter knows of the location of a few unexplored ruins

Hostile Ecosystem Area
A lush and extremely dangerous area of Begreris where nature reigns supreme.

BOUNTY BOARD

> There are
> 4 new urgent contracts
> 6 new low-priority contracts
>

Spoiler: Urgent Contracts I (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 06:24:22 pm by Nakéen »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2024, 07:06:37 am »

Beep Beep. Wrecker checks her communicator. "Well well, HUB published a new slate of work. No more fun tonight. Doesn't mean we can't stick together, though, Mr 'Sovereign'."

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2024, 08:29:06 am »

I accept Destroy PRI Installation
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2024, 08:43:44 am »

"...I can't tell if they're flirting or trying to have a serious conversation..."
"Nobles, am I right?"
"Work's picking up, though, so I'll see you all around."

----------
[This is Caliber, accepting urgent contract request from SYMBIOSIS. On route to the AO.]

Mercy Smith "Caliber" [Reach Heaven] - (VermilionSkies)

Balance: 500 VC
Current MU: Reach Heaven
Hangar #1: Reach Heaven
----------

Spoiler: Quarters (click to show/hide)

----------

Spoiler: Mercy Smith "Caliber" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MU: Reach Heaven (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

Is it possible to get unique items from high-rep factions?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2024, 10:13:40 am »

Accept Contract: Destroy PRI installation

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2024, 06:10:00 pm »

Receiving a similar ping from his own device, Zereth skimmed through the list of urgent contracts, "Indeed, Ms. 'Wrecker'. Do you have a contract in mind?"
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2024, 06:21:10 pm »

"I wouldn't mind digging my blades into that 'Specimen', though fighting the PRI pays better, and we'd be fairly assured of success with four mercs on the job. But hey, I'm willing to miss out on 2000 VC if it means I get to kill something new, don't you agree?"

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2024, 07:57:33 pm »

The noble nodded in agreement, "I haven't used an MU for a hunt yet. It'd be an interesting experience."

Zereth will accept the same contract as Wrecker.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2024, 08:00:23 pm »

Let's give SYMBIOSIS a hand. And a healthy salvo of 16 missiles to the enemy's face.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2024, 09:33:45 pm »

Even with his pride as a Scavenger, Drifter would have to admit the superior durability and sheer power of Hepheastus MUs and weapons. Considering his specialization in piloting heavier MUs, Drifter decides to introduce himself by taking their Perimeter Patrol mission.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]