Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to reset the raws?  (Read 476 times)

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
How to reset the raws?
« on: October 15, 2023, 09:46:22 am »

So I made a bunch of not well notated changes to lots of raw files in DF, and am wondering if there is a simple way to undo those changes.  I was hoping that I could just uninstall the game and reinstall it from Steam, but that did not reset the changes.

I'm thinking to just go in from the file folder view and just start deleting directories, and then reinstall it again.  This makes my spidey sense tingle however that I could cause some irreparable harm this way.  Am I worried over nothing?  Or is there a better way to go about getting fresh raws?

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
Re: How to reset the raws?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 02:51:26 pm »

Steam versus Classic raws should be pretty much the same (possibly excepting graphics, I'm not sure in that regard), so you could download Classic DF and compare its raws to your current Steam raws to see what needs to be undone. Cumbersome, sure, but possible.
If you're worried that deleting directories and reinstalling might do serious harm, you could back Steam DF up to another folder somewhere just in case.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to reset the raws?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2023, 07:38:29 pm »

In Steam, in your library, go to DF, then click the gear to Manage the install, then Properties, then Installed Files, then Verify integrity of game files, Steam should then replace any changed raw files.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.