Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Escape from Motel Hell 3 [Community Thread: Turn 3B]  (Read 2861 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Motel Hell 3 [Community Thread: Turn 3A]
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2023, 10:13:15 pm »

Given this:

Sub-Basement
* Ceiling isn’t even tall enough to allow a character to stand up?

Shouldn’t the players be able to see that the floor of the sub-basement isn’t that far down?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Motel Hell 3 [Community Thread: Turn 3B]
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2023, 10:52:37 pm »

If the Imps can only copy abilities they see, they should try to get the non-clones to show off their abilities. We should have them animate the skeletons to force a combat encounter if nothing happens this turn.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2023, 11:00:02 pm »

Given this:

Sub-Basement

Shouldn’t the players be able to see that the floor of the sub-basement isn’t that far down?

That's true... that was one of the things that was left kind of undecided since there were a few different ideas about what the sub-basement / sewer area might be. Given that the furniture pile fell to the bottom with a clang, and Fienna clone jumped into the hole afterwards, I'm not sure how low the ceiling can be at this point. I can still see it being low enough that they have to duck while moving through. Maybe it's just very dark. Looks like the players are doing a bit of investigation / scouting so they'll likely be getting a better idea of what's down there.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2023, 11:30:02 pm »

Given this:

Sub-Basement

That's true... that was one of the things that was left kind of undecided since there were a few different ideas about what the sub-basement / sewer area might be. Given that the furniture pile fell to the bottom with a clang, and Fienna clone jumped into the hole afterwards, I'm not sure how low the ceiling can be at this point. I can still see it being low enough that they have to duck while moving through. Maybe it's just very dark. Looks like the players are doing a bit of investigation / scouting so they'll likely be getting a better idea of what's down there.

My original intention was for the to get down on their hands and knees, but not have to crawl around on their stomachs.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2023, 11:54:55 pm »

My original intention was for the to get down on their hands and knees, but not have to crawl around on their stomachs.

Hmm yeah I'm not sure if the ceiling can be that low at this point, since the furniture pile would probably be nearly sticking out of the hole, or at least be visible I'd imagine.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Motel Hell 3 [Community Thread: Turn 3B]
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2023, 02:23:52 am »

simple solution: The sub-basement's ceiling isn't directly below the floor of the current room, there's a decently long drop into the sub-basement below through a shaft. Directly into sewer water.

That said, i don't think there is any real need to have the players crawl. Maybe have it so that they need to stand with a crooked back, but that's about it.
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]