Author Topic: Whoops!  (Read 565 times)

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
Whoops!
« on: October 30, 2007, 02:13:00 am »

After spending the better part of an hour exploring the world in Adventure Mode, I noticed a big migrant group on the world map.  Wanting to make some new friends, I walked right into the middle of the group and discovered that they were goblins.

Now, if you're a goblin, you've been bred with one fundamental fact: a human with a big-assed mace is not your friend.

They all scatter to the wind, and I give pursuit to one, shouting, "I only want to be your friend!" while swinging my goblin-blood-splattered mace in a frenzy.  Eventually the goblin gets away from me, so I zoom back out and look at the world map, to discover that there are now dozens of individual migrants all over the place: attacking the migrant group broke up all of the migrants into individuals!

I scouted after one of the migrants on the world map, and attacked again.  He fled, only to fall into a dried-out murky pool, so I leisurely started throwing rocks at him (I didn't score a single hit, which leads me to believe that it's much harder to hit someone when attacking from a higher elevation in this version).  Eventually I got tired of this and hopped into the depression after him, and greeted him with Mr. Mace.  I broke his arms and legs with the mace, then as he passed out I took off -- he stayed on the map in one place.

Finally, I chased down another migrant who had scattered to the southeast.  When I caught up to him, he ran like the wind and I merrily pursued him for quite some time.  Unfortunately, I was so caught up in the thrill of the chase that I failed to notice the alligator who was running perpendicular to us and who intercepted me.  In just three bites I was a goner.

I guess I deserved it for privateering against goblin civilians. ;-)

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Whoops!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 09:21:00 am »

What are they doing out there? Did you a city pop up? haha
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 04:37:00 pm »

*laughing madly.*

I envisioned a certain scene from Kung Fu Hustle here; a man is being chased by the land-lady and they're both running cartoon style, with their legs similar to fast moving circles. Now I imagine this huge alligator running up in the same style and tackling the guy sideways. XD

Damn, DF just gets better and better...

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 04:52:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Dwarmin:
<STRONG>What are they doing out there? Did you a city pop up? haha</STRONG>

The new version includes migrant groups, sometimes bordering on anywhere from 20 to 50 different people who are all civilians and trying to find a new home.  It's an eventual replacement for the former immigration waves system and is a precursor to the Army Arc.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Surma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 10:45:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Keiseth:
<STRONG>*laughing madly.*

I envisioned a certain scene from Kung Fu Hustle here; a man is being chased by the land-lady and they're both running cartoon style, with their legs similar to fast moving circles. Now I imagine this huge alligator running up in the same style and tackling the guy sideways. XD

Damn, DF just gets better and better...</STRONG>

I don't have much to add to that other than, I love that movie!   :D

Too bad throwing doesn't work like the scene just before the chase..

*throws knife*
*knife ricochets off of a ceiling then off a wall and sticks in your shoulder!*

muwahaha