Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Requesting help in fixing my civilization's caravan!  (Read 793 times)

kei2349

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Requesting help in fixing my civilization's caravan!
« on: May 31, 2023, 04:35:42 am »

Aloha Dorf fam,

I've had multiple forts with the stuck merchant bug. I've retired fortresses over it but I really want this one to work. Is there a method to fix this bug or can I get help in data diving to resolve this?

The caravan is not visible on the map.
The caravan units are not on the other units tab
The caravan did not encounter any hardships while leaving
The caravan did not drop any items

So far I have tried:

Breaking down and rebuilding the trade depot a few times
fix/stuck-merchant
caravan leave
caravan happy > caravan unload > caravan leave

Thank you!

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: Requesting help in fixing my civilization's caravan!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 05:32:01 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159297.0

I'm afraid it's been too long since I last used it, so I can't offer any specific help. If you are up for some reading, the linked thread might provide some useful info, though keep in mind it might be outdated by now.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

kei2349

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2023, 04:59:47 pm »

Thanks for the link Ulfarr,

I tried it and things got really wonky.. I couldnt find the caravan so i retired my fort, ill have to be careful and figure out how to make the game save when the caravan is about to embark

DerpFortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2023, 04:25:43 am »

Have you tried retiring and then unretiring? That sometimes fixes bugs. (Sorry, it's just your wording suggests you don't unretire after retiring.)

Might also want to try:
full-heal -all -r
fix/retrieve-units
fix/dead-units (because in my experience, dead wagons stay dead)
fix-unit-occupancy

And just to make sure,
dismissmerchants
claimmerchantstuff
autodump
unforbid all
unsuspend all
fix/corrupt-equipment
fix/item-occupancy

I also had a fortress where caravans were impeded by a tile occupancy bug, so sweeping over the caravan spawn area with fix/tile-occupancy might help.

If you're not picky on what caravan you're getting, try force caravan 1 (or some other number if you don't get a response) and just trade with someone else. Migrant problems can be worked around with modtools/create-unit, tweak-makeown on intelligent wilderness creatures, or if you're playing a version with adventure mode, by creating adventurers then retiring them in your fort.

And back up regularly, or set autosave: https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/D_init.txt

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2023, 02:09:09 am »

As usual, murder proves an effective solution. By that, I mean murder the caravan.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.