Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (Help) My civilization is undergoing a civil war  (Read 637 times)

dudhhr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
(Help) My civilization is undergoing a civil war
« on: June 19, 2023, 01:21:45 pm »

I was wondering why no human or dwarven caravans had come for four years (tree huggers still come). I checked wagon access, built a new road, everything. It turns out that my civ didn't send caravans because I was at war with it.

A quick search through Legends Mode found this:
In the early autumn of 143, The Ceiling of Dabblers defeated The Wickedness of Ambers of The Fly of Sport and took over Shamedspider. The new government was called The Mint Lances.
Dorfs taking over a gobbo site, nothing unusual here. Then, something happens:
In the early spring of 144, The Ceiling of Dabblers attacked The Mint Lances of The Ceiling of Dabblers at Shamedspider. The dwarf Mestthos Pickparch led the attack, and the defenders were led by the dwarf Mosus Goldlanterns.
Six months after the takeover, the dorfs attacked the (now dwarven) dark pits again, leading my civilization to be at war with itself, but it still shows as "peace" on the civ list.
I know there's a dfhack script fix/civil-war that'll fix this, but it's more !!FUN!! to let it play out.

Can civil wars end naturally? (perhaps if the monarchy is overthrown?)

This is NOT a loyalty cascade.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 02:55:43 pm by dudhhr »

AMTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Help) My civilization is undergoing a civil war
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 04:33:34 pm »

I dont think they resolve, that's why there's a script for it? but, I say embrace it. Pick a side and start launching random attacks on your civs forts? (actually idk if you can do that, but try?)