Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: [Modding][Premium Dwarf Fortress][Steam Workshop](Done!) Raw Changes Superthread  (Read 22092 times)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile

A question. Does these mod structure changes affect Classic too? It has been a long time since I've done any real modding, and the new structure feels a tad strange for someone such as I.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A question. Does these mod structure changes affect Classic too? It has been a long time since I've done any real modding, and the new structure feels a tad strange for someone such as I.
"Classic" and "Steam" are exactly the same game, so yeah.

Tiler

• Bay Watcher
  • [ODOR_LEVEL:999]
    • View Profile

You used to be able to somewhat disable vanilla professions / buildings by not including them in the modded entity, but with the labor changes it does not appear to be possible anymore. I've cut out MASON and STONECRAFTER from PERMITTED_JOB in a custom entity and it hasnt had any obvious effect in fortress mode (although it does seem to properly restrict access to stone related objects for the civilization itself).

I remember it being a little kludgy but somewhat workable before as a means to restrict access to things in fortress mode.

I had hoped to also cut out magma furnaces / smelters but that also seems impossible.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 06:36:03 pm by Tiler »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

You used to be able to somewhat disable vanilla professions / buildings by not including them in the modded entity, but with the labor changes it does not appear to be possible anymore. I've cut out MASON and STONECRAFTER from PERMITTED_JOB in a custom entity and it hasnt had any obvious effect in fortress mode (although it does seem to properly restrict access to stone related objects for the civilization itself).

I remember it being a little kludgy but somewhat workable before as a means to restrict access to things in fortress mode.

I had hoped to also cut out magma furnaces / smelters but that also seems impossible.

STONE_CARVER is what you're looking for now

Tiler

• Bay Watcher
  • [ODOR_LEVEL:999]
    • View Profile

STONE_CARVER is what you're looking for now

Ah, I was updating older raw files I had so STONE_CARVER wasn't in there anyways.

Viax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i want to craft bows and arrows, been trying with various mods and combining some things like:
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_GREAT]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MAUL]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_PIKE]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HALBERD]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_LONG]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_2H]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_WHIP]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_FLAIL]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MORNINGSTAR]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SCIMITAR]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SCOURGE]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_LARGE]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_BOW]
      [AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_ARROWS]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_BLOWGUN]
      [AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BLOWDARTS]

But still doesn't work :(

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

I didn't have any problems adding bows and arrows to a custom entity in my mod, so that shouldn't be the problem.  What issue are you seeing?  You can't add them during embark when playing as a civilization using that entity?  Or can you not make bows or arrows in a fort?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Viax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

it had been another mod which was supposed to make game adjusted to play in lower population size. Now i am thinking how to change deity of my dwarfs..
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]