Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stashing your 1007  (Read 1072 times)

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stashing your 1007
« on: July 07, 2007, 01:28:00 pm »

It seems that normally if you stash coins, it ends up all over the place when you come back, but if you put it in a backpack, and set that backpack down, that backpack is never moved. It makes it much more convenient to store ill-gotten goods and cash and therefore to be a pillager :P

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stashing your 1007
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 04:09:00 pm »

Woah woah woah.. so if you leave something on a map you dropped your self, on any map, you can come back and it will still be there some where?????OMG l00tz0rx t1m35 i finally have a place to put all my giant perfect gems and skulls
Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 05:59:00 pm »

I think on instanced maps like in random forests and stuff it deletes on exit, but it works in towns, and it might work in caves/ruins but ive yet to test that. And so far I've seen that it always scrambles stuff except for things like backpacks and barrels.

[ July 07, 2007: Message edited by: AlanL ]

Dryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 07:39:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by AlanL:
<STRONG>I think on instanced maps like in random forests and stuff it deletes on exit</STRONG>

At at guess I would disagree, just on the way the game generally works. Also when you leave a map square that you have entered it takes a lot longer for that little bar down the bottom to do its thing. (I always assumed it was offloading that now detailed square)

You come back from the mansions of sleep with your pockets full of silverware.

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 08:24:00 pm »

Then why is it everything I leave in random middle-of-nowhere maps disappears?

Grey Hunter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 02:46:00 am »

maybe another adventurer comes along and nicks all your hard pillaged stuff,

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 05:47:00 am »

Stuff on the maps in random forests and stuff will disapear because when you go back later the actual forest os compltely different.

The actual tree's and pools and everything will be in different places.

Hellzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 07:42:00 am »

I always assumed it stored items, but scrambled their positions on the map. Learn something every day...

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 01:27:00 pm »

It does that on maps like cities, caves, and ruins, excepting as far as ive seen yet barrels and backpacks, but on random forest maps, it makes a new instance each time, deleting all items left behind in it. Although, it makes random forests great dumps for all of the unwanted stuff you get from pillaging if you want to claim a town for just yourself.