Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interrogating Merchants  (Read 716 times)

Trabber Shir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Interrogating Merchants
« on: February 09, 2023, 08:32:31 pm »

In this fort I picked up a policy of having my captain of the guard interrogate all visitors, I think I set my visitor cap really low due to lag in a previous fort and that has made this actually possible.

But, I figured that the merchants were just fancy visitors, so I ordered them both interrogated, after which they seem to have dropped all their clothing in a pile on the floor of the captain's office and marched off the map without stopping to talk to my broker in the trade depot.

Due to other bugs I am still not a barony, so it was just the two merchants, their two guards, and their pack animals. The guards followed the merchants off the map and the pack animals slowly meandered to the edge and left the map as well. But, the depot is still active and when I click trade I get a trade window that is blank other than the text "There are no merchants present with which to trade."

Is this going to sort itself out or do I need to deconstruct the depot?

Ten_Tacles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interrogating Merchants
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 02:03:18 am »

They felt so disrespected by your xenophobic policies, they disrobed in protest and just left.
Amazing move.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 02:53:32 am »

I would reconstruct just in case. Or you could wait for one month (or slightly more) and see if the trade button disappears.

Maybe the interrogation procedure involves full body search, which requires disrobing... Very oppressive civ you got there, I think.

Trabber Shir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023, 04:30:06 am »

I got the message about them being about to leave, then about them having embarked on their journey, at which time the trade button disappeared. But, all the stuff was still marked with the coin icon. So I waited until winter and then dismantled the trade depot, then had it re-built by spring. I may have missed a tribute because it was deconstructed, not sure.

And my interrogations are fully justified. Literally 70% of the visitors to my fort are involved in something nefarious that ends with them in a cage. Admittedly, 2 of those developed their plots after the interrogation (found out about an artifact while in the tavern, then tried to sneak in and steal it).