Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weird Villain Behavior in Worldgen  (Read 772 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Weird Villain Behavior in Worldgen
« on: January 07, 2023, 01:14:22 am »

So this isnt a bug or complaint per se, but I just generated a new world for testing and was watching the legends ticker go by, and kept seeing the same guy, Axstut Drinkchannel, a male blood elf (spellcrafts mod, not vanilla) kept fooling the same civ, The Fuschia Nations of Venerating, that he was various identities. I finished generation and looked him up in legends mode, and I'm greeted by a slow start in life in year 7, first fooling the Fuschia Nations in year 43, going to the town of Airweight and forming false friendships with a bunch of humans there to extract information. He became Master of his home civ, the Healing basement in 79. He became lovers with one Ngur Bellspanther, and throughout history they divorced, became lovers and broke up, married and divorced over and over again. Axslut lives in Roadcrux and Ngur in Airweight. Axslut has involved Ngur in his plots and Ngur has likewise recruited Axslut in hers.

Basically, Axslut is fooling the Fuschia Nations over and over again, sometimes multiple times a year, into believing he's various different people, a new identity every time. Ngur owns a fancy mansion in Airweight, Im guessing Axslut is going over there repeatedly to not only gather information from his informants but spend time with Ngur. Ngur is also going to Roadcrux to enter wrestling competitions, for which the competitors are usually Axslut, Ngur, and another female blood elf by the name of Lusspu Rampartsport.

Also, Axslut once formed a false friendship with Tin, a human in Airweight, to extract infromation. Tin was nine years old at the time.

He once corrupted the same person twice, three years apart, under two different identities. To my knowledge, people should recognize a person visually, so this sounds unreasonable. And after nearly 200 years of pulling this stunt in Airweight, I bet everyone recognizes him and is just like, yep, there he is again, that weirdo who always has a new name and job, going back to Ngur's house. Again. Grandpa said he's always done that, too.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Villain Behavior in Worldgen
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 06:18:34 pm »

It's a case of humans thinking "all those damn elves look the same"...
And a slightly different shade of hair.

Orange-of-Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 11:31:23 am »

He is surely using fake moustaches.

Ward

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 08:06:44 am »

I had a legacy vanilla fortress. Interrogated a particularly feisty elf with an insane criminal history.

Literally over 100 different aliases, tons of theft plots, several assassination plots, and several more coup plots.

This was all over the course of about 160 years.

In cases like this, where one person seemingly fills the shoes of dozens or hundreds of unique aliases, it might be up to your head lore to determine how one could get away with this. Cunning and disguises? Magic? Alcoholic fugue states? Who's to say. Would love these systems to be fleshed out in a way that allows us access to explanations for things like this beyond dice rolls.

Anyway, my point is that this doesn't seem too out of the ordinary (though certainly uncommon).

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 11:25:03 am »

I'm kind of assuming that the Axstut -> Axslut thing was intentional, but the "wrestling competition" got a really good chuckle out of me. It's all kind of in character and cohesive in a weird way. Normally DF isn't that raunchy, so this tickles my inner 14yo in a good way. DF continues not to disappoint.

As for the behavior in question, I can't quite tell if it's the bad kind of bad or the good kind of bad. It's definitely silly, which I think I'm ok with. If we're looking for realism, though, then yeah it's clearly an idiot plot. But... despite all the realism in DF, there's definitely quite a few empty heads. In my .47 adventure, there were three giants in a cave. So I battle the first one while stealthed, sneak up behind the 2nd (same room, facing the wall), who says death, something something... implying they could see the first dead giant (their mother, in this case), but somehow weren't aware that a battle had happened with a hostile.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 01:01:21 pm »

In cases like this, where one person seemingly fills the shoes of dozens or hundreds of unique aliases, it might be up to your head lore to determine how one could get away with this.

It might just be that people have heard of them by name, but don't know their face. (Not enough talented engravers working as sketch artists.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?